Saturday, February 10, 2007
Home Again and Facing the Giants
We are back home from Bible quiz--it is always such a tiring day! We did well and I am so pleased that my children were all in the top 5 in the state! They worked hard for it and I'm so proud! (Forgive my boast) Now we start studying for Regionals! B and K went straight from quizzing to the very last basketball game of the season at the private school my children will be attending next year. I was so worn out, all I could think of was getting in the tub, having some hot chocolate, and reading for awhile. How I ended up here, I will never know! The twins are watching Facing the Giants for the second time today. (We were in the car for 5 hours.) I so love that movie. I have now seen the end of it three times and I cry ( I mean "tears running down my face") every time. I just can't make it through the coach asking each player individually: "Now tell me, what's impossible with God?" and the response of "Nothing, Coach". As a matter of fact, I am Queen of the Cry-Face for the rest of the movie! My husband laughs at me through his own hidden tears. (Don't think I didn't see them--I know these things!) It is such an inspirational movie. We traveled an hour to see it when it came out and I have recommended it so many times. I plan to buy several copies to give as gifts. I realize that some of it seems unrealistic--but I keep reminding myself that, hey, nothing is impossible with God. Isn't that the point of the whole movie? We don't serve a "realistic" God, but instead, The God-- who knows all, sees all, loves all, and can do All! Have a great Sunday!

Labels:


  posted at 7:32 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At February 10, 2007 9:52 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I have not seen that movie, sounds like a must see!
It sounds like you had a really tiring day. I hope that you are able to find rest in your Sunday.
blessings,
Annie

 
At February 11, 2007 10:34 PM, Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

That is such a wonderful movie. We really enjoyed it. We rented, but I want to buy when we get the chance.

 
At February 12, 2007 8:33 AM, Blogger Annie said...

No, I didn't watch the extras! And I took it to my parent's house right after we finished it because it was so good I wanted them to watch it. Matt wants to buy a copy. He was more tearful than me :) In the situation we are in now, faith is huge and the impossible is even bigger... so it was inspiring.
Have a great Monday.
blessings
Annie

 

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Precious Memories
    Bible Quiz Weekend
    Aren't Moms Supposed to Know Everything?
    Thursday 13 #1
    Brace Yourself
    My Friend's Son
    "Curve"y Woman
    Menu #1
    There--I've Done It
    What's In a Name?

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: