a car like this?:
**K was dressed for a human video at church where she played a d*em*on! We don't typically let her go around like that--in case you were wondering.
P is for people you were with today: my husband and kids, my friend Sheila and her dad, and the paramedics!! Q is for what you do with your quiet time: I read my Bible (I read it through every year.) and pray after I exercise--around mid-morning. R is for biggest regret: The death of my daughter, though I couldn't have changed it. Her 13th birthday was Saturday. S is for status: "And they lived happily ever after" Married. Happily. T is for time you woke up today: 7:50am. U is for what you consider unique about yourself: Don't have a clue. V is for vegetable you love: Home-grown tomatoes--although I guess that's really a fruit. Squash--I like squash a lot. W is for worst habit: I don't know--there are several. X is for x-rays you’ve had: Dental, stomach, neck (Do MRI"s count?). Y is for yummy food you ate today: Moon Pie!!! Z is for zodiac: I do not believe in or follow this, but I'm a Virgo.
- Washed and put away every stitch of dirty clothing in the house.
- Paid all the bills.
- Balanced the checkbook.
- Made out a menu for the next two weeks.
- Wrote out my grocery list.
- Walked/Jogged on my treadmill.
- Talked to my sister.
- Played two games of Scrabble with my girls.
- Sort of helped my son make potato candy. It didn't turn out right--but it tasted good.
- Assisted my daughter in making french toast for breakfast this morning.
- Took K's car back to get the rest of the work done and get the ball rolling on buying it.
- Read my book while sipping iced tea with lemon and eating a moon pie.
- CALLED AN AMBULANCE for my husband who had a terrible reaction after a wasp sting!!! Talk about scary--he's never had a reaction like that before, but since his grand-daddy died from multiple wasp stings, I wasn't about to take any chances--not that he was able at the time to help me make the decision to call 911. He was stung dead center in the back of the neck by a red wasp. Very soon afterwards he tried to knock on the window to get my attention and fell to the ground (deck). I went out and could tell we were in some kind of big trouble. He couldn't talk or focus his eyes on me, and his mouth was hanging open, and he acted like he might pass out at any moment. I immediately got the phone to call 911 ( I already knew he had been stung because he yelled when it happened). He was able to talk within a couple of minutes and said, "My right arm hurts." It was very red and very swollen--and shaky. By the time the ambulance came he was able to be up and was nearly back to normal except for his swollen, red, and shaky arm and hand. He didn't go to the hospital--I gave him ben*adryl and he called his flight doctor (we're military)--who happens to also be a friend from church--and he said to take ben*adryl every six hours and come in in the morning. I will say that he scared me to death--my voice was shaking so bad when I called 911-and I just kept thinking about his grand-daddy--I was scared for a minute that he was going to die. I don't want to ever have that feeling again. He said he was thinking the same thing as me. He was pretty shook up. To top it all off, our oldest daughter was stung on top of the head twice while trying to help me with her daddy. She's fine other than a bad headache.
- Went to the store to buy more ben*adryl!!!
- Why do I feel the need to spend money when I am a little stressed out about money?
- Why do I get anxious (or stressed) when someone is coming to dinner for the first time? I worry that the house isn't clean enough, decorated well enough, the food won't turn out, etc... I am working on that one.
- I really like chocolate Moon Pies. I don't know when or why that happened, but it did. My youngest daughter shares my love for them.
- I really wanted to take the kids swimming today, but I am too busy making an apple pie for company tonight. I also have new curtains for my bedroom that need to be pressed and hung. I found them at Belk for 75% off today. (Yippee!) (See No. 1)
- We bought our 16 year old a car (see No. 1)--she helped pay for it--and I'm wondering when she will be a good enough driver to be on the road by herself.
- Speaking of my 16 year old driving--our insurance is going up 150%. I never dreamed it would go up that much--Crazy--(see No. 1.)
- I bought a television for our bedroom (see No. 1), and we now have satellite access in there. I am looking forward to having a TV to watch while on the treadmill.
- It's almost time for school to start back--and I still feel like the vacation just started. I can't believe it.
- I ordered the twins home-school books yesterday (see No. 1)--most of them anyway. We may or may not start school when K does.
- I sold some books and scrap-booking stuff on eBay for the first time. I learned a lot--and I even made about $50. I would have made more money, but I made a couple mistakes. I don't know if I will sell again--can't decide.
- I bought one of those Keurig coffee makers that just makes one cup at a time. My cousin had one when we were in MO recently--and, on a whim, I bought one the other day (see No.1). I have ordered some coffee--and I really wish I had ordered some English Breakfast Tea because that stuff is extremely good. Next time.
- Why does Blogger insist on making this a bullit post, when I clearly chose the number option!??
Labels: Just Me
Labels: Random Thoughts
B's cousin's boyfriend, B's brother, B, and B's uncle
All the women just prayed for their safety--those rocks were very slick from the spray. One lady was obviously displeased with our men's lack of discretion. She told how last year she had seen an accident where a helicopter had to be flown in to get someone who was injured out from behind the falls. Thank you--thank you very much, kind lady, for that info.