Thursday, July 24, 2008
It's been a bit since I've posted--but we've been so busy. The end of "summer" is kind of crazy, especially when you are trying to get your 16 year old daughter settled with an intermediate driver's license and car. I am hoping to have that ready in time for school starting on the 11th. We will be in Missouri next week, so I've got to get everything finished. B has gotten the car registered, oil changed and whatever other maintenance needed doing. He got an extra key made today and got the stickers so that K can get on base. He called insurance and put the car on--thankfully we don't have to add K until she has her actual license. We have written the check and withdrawn all of K's savings--OUCH. So--her car is ready and paid in full. Now, maybe we can start saving to replace our own vehicle--which is 8 years old. I am looking forward to getting a new one in a couple years! I have gotten most of my homeschool material in, and A even said he was ready to start. I said, "Who are you, and what have you done with my son?" on that one. Unbelievable. I think I'm about ready too--after all I did get over a year's break. I have so enjoyed having them home this summer--I'm so glad they aren't going back. I am much more dependent on them than I ever knew. A. had a bike wreck Monday evening. He scared us to death. M. came screaming in the house that A. had wrecked. I ran out and saw him lying in the middle of the road. From that distance, I couldn't tell if he was conscious or not. Thankfully he was--he didn't hit his head at all--his elbow is pretty skinned up, and he's a little sore. He's fine, thank the Lord. He got in trouble, though, for just lying in the road. We live right on a curve, and a car would not have been able to stop in time. Later in the evening, he started throwing up--I was so afraid that it was linked to the bike wreck, but it wasn't. He threw up twice, and then felt completely fine. B. is having quite a bit of trouble with his lower back--we have most of the details of the injury, but I will wait to post them later. Just suffice it to say that it isn't the best news in the world, but it isn't the worst either. He's bummed, but we have determined to give it to God, and not worry. I will post more when I know more. I have been spending a lot of time getting rid of excess in our house. Last week, I cleaned my closet--AGAIN--and got rid of a whole trash bag full of clothes. I have been reading a few blogs by people who are trying to minimize and get down to just what they need. It is inspiring, but I don't feel the need--at all--to go as far as they are. I did minimize my closet last week, and I went through my kitchen this week and got rid of over a hundred items. I plan to go through my kid's closets--including games, puzzles, and toys--after we get home from Missouri. I usually take all of our stuff to a local thrift store because I am way too lazy to plan a big yard sale. Sounds like torture to me. I have made several trips there recently. Fun stuff.

Labels:


  posted at 2:13 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At July 24, 2008 3:19 PM, Blogger mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I do not like yard sales...so much work for maybe $150. I take everything to Goodwill or give to my friends.

Have fun in Missouri. I'm glad your son was okay, and I hope you have fun in Missouri.

 
At August 28, 2008 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Alphabet Meme
    Things I Did Today...and One Thing I Don't Care To...
    The News
    A Scary Thing
    19 and Counting
    Fall Creek Falls
    Toddler Time
    Third Day
    We Have Success...
    A Visitor

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: