Monday, July 14, 2008
Things I Did Today...and One Thing I Don't Care To Ever Do Again
  1. Washed and put away every stitch of dirty clothing in the house.
  2. Paid all the bills.
  3. Balanced the checkbook.
  4. Made out a menu for the next two weeks.
  5. Wrote out my grocery list.
  6. Walked/Jogged on my treadmill.
  7. Talked to my sister.
  8. Played two games of Scrabble with my girls.
  9. Sort of helped my son make potato candy. It didn't turn out right--but it tasted good.
  10. Assisted my daughter in making french toast for breakfast this morning.
  11. Took K's car back to get the rest of the work done and get the ball rolling on buying it.
  12. Read my book while sipping iced tea with lemon and eating a moon pie.
  13. CALLED AN AMBULANCE for my husband who had a terrible reaction after a wasp sting!!! Talk about scary--he's never had a reaction like that before, but since his grand-daddy died from multiple wasp stings, I wasn't about to take any chances--not that he was able at the time to help me make the decision to call 911. He was stung dead center in the back of the neck by a red wasp. Very soon afterwards he tried to knock on the window to get my attention and fell to the ground (deck). I went out and could tell we were in some kind of big trouble. He couldn't talk or focus his eyes on me, and his mouth was hanging open, and he acted like he might pass out at any moment. I immediately got the phone to call 911 ( I already knew he had been stung because he yelled when it happened). He was able to talk within a couple of minutes and said, "My right arm hurts." It was very red and very swollen--and shaky. By the time the ambulance came he was able to be up and was nearly back to normal except for his swollen, red, and shaky arm and hand. He didn't go to the hospital--I gave him ben*adryl and he called his flight doctor (we're military)--who happens to also be a friend from church--and he said to take ben*adryl every six hours and come in in the morning. I will say that he scared me to death--my voice was shaking so bad when I called 911-and I just kept thinking about his grand-daddy--I was scared for a minute that he was going to die. I don't want to ever have that feeling again. He said he was thinking the same thing as me. He was pretty shook up. To top it all off, our oldest daughter was stung on top of the head twice while trying to help me with her daddy. She's fine other than a bad headache.
  14. Went to the store to buy more ben*adryl!!!

Labels:


  posted at 9:49 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At July 15, 2008 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very scary!
Glad everything turned out okay!

 
At July 15, 2008 8:55 AM, Blogger Baker's Venom Cleanser for Sting Cure said...

I to am glad things are OK. Here is a little info for you and your readers about stings.

With the beginning of summer comes the blooming of trees, gardens and flowers, which in turn attracts bees and wasps of all kinds. But that is not the end of the worry of a sting. Many stings take place during the fall months. Reason being, bees and wasps are cold blooded insects and they linger around people in order to absorb the body heat of humans, therefore increasing the chances of getting stung.

Last week, I witnessed a 4 year old girl with her hand and forearm swollen to her elbow, from a wasp sting that she received to her fingertip the day before. The sight of her hand and arm brought tears to my eyes because I knew that if she had had Baker's Venom Cleanser available at http://www.BeeStingCure.com when see was stung, none of her discomfort would have elevated to that extreme point of swelling and discomfort.

Our web site http://www.BeeStingCure.com has under gone some new additions worth taking a look at. Old news commentary video footage from 1988 has been added to http://www.YouTube.com/BeeStingCure and the link is available at our site.

 
At July 15, 2008 10:25 AM, Blogger Joyfull said...

What a scary situation. I am so glad all turned out well for you and husband. I understand your fear - last week my husband came home from work with chest pains. I convinced him (men!) to go to the ER to get checked out and Praise the Lord, all is fine with his heart, but the fear and worry are things I don't like to experience.
Other than the awful ambulance experience, you had a very productive day!

 
At July 16, 2008 8:26 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Wow! Pretty intense afternoon you guys had, huh?

I'm glad everyone is "okay", and that the Lord had His hand upon you guys during this time!

Blessings!
~Sharon~

 
At July 16, 2008 2:40 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

I am so glad things turned out ok! I know you were very frightened, and sometimes we get little wake up calls when we think of "what could have happened"
I am so glad you were there and could offer assistance in your husbands time of need.
Oh and btw you really did get quite a few things done before the emergency came along.
:)
Sheila

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    The News
    A Scary Thing
    19 and Counting
    Fall Creek Falls
    Toddler Time
    Third Day
    We Have Success...
    A Visitor
    I'm Alive
    Crabb-y

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: