Tuesday, June 3, 2008
I'm Alive
Thank you so much to all that have checked on me--all is well around here. I have stayed completely up to date on all my blog-reading, but just haven't been in a blog writing mood for quite a while. The last couple months have been really great--I am completely over my stomach problem--it turned out to be a yogurt allergy--really and truly. I am keeping the stuff around for the kids, but I will never touch it again. Sadly, it was a wonderful tool for keeping my complexion clear. I am back to the drawing board for that one again. The kids are all out of school, and I can't even express how happy I am to have them home. Everything feels right again. I am so glad that we have decided to keep the twins home next year. I have my curriculum all picked out, and I feel ready to pick up the schooling reins again! K. will be returning to her private school--and she will even have my friend Jenny as her Bible teacher--and possibly basketball coach. Jenny is the coach, but since K. is still having knee problems, we don't know if she'll be able to play. B. is finishing up his second quarter of his Master's program. He has 16 hours left to finish and is right on track to be finished in December. It is a ton of work--and very stressful--but he's handling it. He is ready for the month long break between quarters before he starts back again. B. and K. are leaving for a missions trip to Wisconsin with our Teen Bible Quiz group this coming Monday. It will be a great experience for them, but I am going to miss them terribly. The twins and I thought about going to Missouri for the week, but because of gas prices, have decided to stay here. Bummer. We may head up there on the fourth of July--we'll have to see. We just got back from a great vacation in the Smokies--we just love going there. It was very restful, and it's always good for our family to get away and just be together. By the way, we saw 10 bears while in the park. It was great. I have managed to maintain my Weight Watchers loss-until vacation. I gained two pounds while away--bummer. I don't think it will be too hard to lose because I really pigged out on vacation--and I'm eating normally now. Well, just wanted to give a little update. I'll try to do better. Oh--I did get my kitchen redone--part of it anyway. We're real happy with it. Oh, and K. is turning 16 this Thursday--she had a really fun party this past weekend--and she actually drove out on a real highway yesterday--and we're all still alive!!!!

Labels: ,


  posted at 4:08 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At June 04, 2008 9:46 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Yay!! You did it! :)
I wouldn't know if I had an allergy to yogurt cause I don't touch the stuff. Just way tooooo good for me and the after taste does absolutely nothing for me.
Which is why I wear the size I do and you wear the size you do. But I'm doing something about that. Just not with yogurt.

 
At June 04, 2008 4:09 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Well hey there stranger! I'm glad to see you back! Sounds like you've had a full and busy time...glad you got your stomach thing figured out. I eat yogurt but it doesn't do for me what Jenny said, make me a size smaller! I'd have to cut out other stuff for that.
You'll have to show some pics of your kitchen.

 
At June 06, 2008 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!!!! I told you I'm "The Lurker" but I am sure glad to see you're back at it! I've missed keeping up with what's going with your family! ha! (Coach J's Mom)

 
At June 09, 2008 11:01 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Wow, lots going on for you! That's great! Sounds like a wonderful time in your life.

 
At June 17, 2008 10:15 AM, Blogger Judi said...

Well I am glad to "see" you back! I can not believe you went to the Smokies AGAIN and did not contact me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Crabb-y
    Glad To Be Home
    Where To Start?
    Week in Review
    Wii and More
    On The Front Porch Today
    I Find It Ironic
    A Whole Bunch of Somethin'
    The Mystery Continues
    Weight Watchers Online

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: