Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Wii and More
I was so excited today to finally find a Wii at Wally World--I was even more excited when I found out it came with the game Wii Sports. I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted one for our family, but Wal*mart was always sold out when I got there. Today, they had received 12, and had sold 6 by the time I got there at noon. Those things are hot. I'm not sure when we will get ours set up--no one in the family even knows I got it yet--because this is such a busy week and the weekend is packed to the gills...
*
Friday night, the twins will be performing in the Elementary musical at school. M. is especially excited because she has a solo part. She's a "Rumor Weed", and I know she will be wearing a green cowboy hat and dancing--but that's about all I know. She has kept her practicing very private--I am looking forward to it. She's quite the drama queen and can't wait to be the center of attention! A. pretty much just suffers through stuff that puts him on the stage--he only likes attention that he dictates--does that make sense??? He's very happy to not have any solos--M. could not understand why he didn't try out! They are so opposite.
*
Saturday morning will find us out nice and early helping to deliver phone books to every household within our city limits. It's quite a job--and one we've been doing every year for four years--and is a great fundraiser for our Teen Bible Quiz group from church. The money raised will go towards their mission trip to Milwaukee this summer. The kids will have to pay very little of their own money because of this fundraiser.
*
Saturday afternoon, A. and M. have Upwards basketball. I have GOT to remember to bring my camera for that--I have forgotten it at every single other game this year. For shame. M.'s fractured finger is doing fine, and she was so glad to be back playing last week after a week off for Bible Quiz and her finger, and one off for pink eye.
*
Saturday evening, we will have our 6th Annual Oscar night at our church. That is always such a fun time for our church family. We will have great food, funny entertainment, and a time of giving out awards to some very deserving people. In the past, I have always dressed pretty formally--B.has always been the MC and worn a tux so I thought I should dress up. B. opted out of MCing this year (due to his school work), so I think I will take it down a notch--no shopping for me--well, not until Sunday...
*
After church on Sunday, I am taking K. out of town to shop for a dress to wear to the Junior/Senior Banquet at school. She was asked to go a couple weeks ago and is looking forward to going--as friends. She has looked for a dress here in our small town, but she hasn't been able to find anything. We have to get one quick so that we have time to have it altered. Maybe we can sneak in a visit to Star*bucks while we're out of town. Time alone with my teenage daughter--and a trip to Star*bucks--definitely something to look forward to.

Labels:


  posted at 2:43 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At February 27, 2008 2:29 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Good grief, you guys stay so busy! Glad the finger is healing and I know they're enjoying Upwards.

I cannot believe you found a Wii! I looked from before Christmas through Valentines Day at every store around here that sells them. Never any in stock. I finally gave up. We decided to buy a treadmill instead. Not as much fun, probably, and costs more, but we got it anyway. I know you guys will love it! Have fun :)

 
At February 27, 2008 8:46 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

What a wonderful week you've got planned! Sounds busy but much fun!

 
At February 28, 2008 10:10 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

Hey Jenna,
Sounds like you guys have some great stuff going on! I've never played the Wii, but hear so much great stuff about it..hope you guys have fun with your new toy!

 
At February 28, 2008 10:12 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

Jenna, sounds like lots of fun around your house! We are debating on a Wii? I have enjoyed my visit.

 
At February 28, 2008 12:38 PM, Blogger Becky said...

We have had a blast with the Wii. And one fun thing we didn't realize is that you can put in a memory card from your digital camera and play the video clips you backwards on your TV! I did a post about it. It's lots of goofy fun!
How neat that your TBQ team does a mission trip!!!
We have TBQ this Saturday and our districts in JBQ next Saturday. It will be nice to have a break soon when the seasons end.
Have fun!!!

 
At February 29, 2008 9:58 AM, Blogger Joyfull said...

WOW! Sounds like a fun filled weekend! Hope all goes well and you all have a great time in everything you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    On The Front Porch Today
    I Find It Ironic
    A Whole Bunch of Somethin'
    The Mystery Continues
    Weight Watchers Online
    Company and Stuff
    Dioramas Are Complete
    My Son, Master of the Fire
    The Twins, They Are Clever
    The Year of the Master's Degree

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: