Monday, February 18, 2008
I Find It Ironic
...that my husband was the only one to get the flu shot--and is the only one to get the flu. He has been home sick with the "influenza" since Wednesday afternoon. In spite of being sick, it is very hard to get him to rest. He has managed to get a good deal of school work finished and filed our tax returns. I'm not sure if he will return to work tomorrow, but I think he will. We had such a crazy eventful week last week that I wasn't able to post--plus, B. was on the computer most of the waking hours--we have YET to get wireless.
*
K. had her orthopedic appt on Tuesday, and they told us they were unable to diagnose. She had a full body bone scan on Wednesday morning--we are getting the results of that tomorrow afternoon. She gave us a terrible scare as she had a vaso-vagal response to the shot they gave her before the bone scan. Basically, her blood pressure dropped terribly from "needle phobia"--which she has only had once before--two weeks ago. They had to get a stretcher, call a nurse, then a doctor, and were going to give her vali*um to calm her. Her stomach and back cramped up so that she was crying out in pain. It took a while for her to calm down--and I was quite concerned--none of my children have ever reacted that way before. Thankfully, B. had called right after they gave her the shot, and he was able to get right over. I was so glad--I usually do ok under pressure--but I pretty much collapse as soon as I can!!!! She was fine by the afternoon, and was able to go back to school for 6th and 7th periods.
*
While we were gone all day for this, our neighbor decided to cut down a huge pine tree on his property. It fell on our property and did some damage. We may lose one of my favorite trees.
*
M. developed pink eye on Friday, so we were off to the doctor again. She is much better today. So, in addition to all that, I worked very hard to get the house clean, run errands, and buy groceries--just in case I succumbed to the influenza! I didn't--or haven't--and for that I am truly grateful.

Labels:


  posted at 3:25 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At February 18, 2008 6:01 PM, Blogger Annie said...

That's odd that he got the flu having had the shot!!! Glad you didn't get it.
Matt has been cutting and cutting. Our property looks pitiful! Oh well...

 
At February 18, 2008 8:56 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Hey Jenna!
We're the exact opposite around here. I'm the only one that didn't get the flu shot...and I'm the one taking tamiflu right now! Hope B. gets better soon.
Good to see what you're up to!
Have a great day!
Corrie

 
At February 19, 2008 9:13 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

I think it's always hit or miss with the flu shot. Hope your daughter is better soon, and that the rest of you stay well!

 
At February 19, 2008 10:49 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Wow! And I thought I was having a rough week! Hope things settle down soon!

 
At February 21, 2008 5:02 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm sorry you still don't have any answers for K - how frustrating! It must have been scary seeing her reaction after that shot too! Thank God she recovered quickly and is doing better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    A Whole Bunch of Somethin'
    The Mystery Continues
    Weight Watchers Online
    Company and Stuff
    Dioramas Are Complete
    My Son, Master of the Fire
    The Twins, They Are Clever
    The Year of the Master's Degree
    Pandora
    I'm An Aunt...Again

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: