Thursday, February 7, 2008
A Whole Bunch of Somethin'
Not feeling so well today, so I'm just going to list a few things that are going on around here.
- My cousin, Angie, called the other day with the BEST idea. She is wanting the two of us to go on a 40th birthday trip this year. Yep, we both hit the big 4-0 this summer--and I can hardly believe it. Angie is my life-long friend--our mothers walked together when they were pregnant with us (our dads are brothers)--and we spent most of our lives together until one of us--ME--married someone who took her far, far away from home! We've still managed to stay close though, and I think it would be a blast to take a trip somewhere. Where should we go?--she mentioned St Thomas or North Carolina's outer bank. I was thinking about a cruise--hmmm...
- Becky over at Blessed With Olive Plants gave me a sweet award. Thanks so much Becky. Becky is my blogland fellow JBQ parent. She has a wonderful and precious family. Hope round 4 goes well for you guys!
- I'm so thankful for everyone's concern for K's knee. She said that it is some better, but thinks it's just because she's not doing anything physical. We don't think the shot did much of anything. We will see the doc on Tuesday. She also has her orthodontist appt. that day--fun!
- M. jammed her pinkie finger at her Upwards basketball game Saturday. At least, we thought it was jammed, now I'm starting to wonder if it was broken. It's so hard to know what to do --take her to the doctor or not. In addition to playing on her all girls team, M. has been playing on her brother's team because there haven't been enough showing up on A's team to play the game. The boys are a little rougher--and that's the game she hurt her finger in.
- We are going to see the Gaither's Homecoming concert this Saturday night. I am a pretty big contemporary Christian fan, but I've got a Southern Gospel bent as well. I love it--well, not all of it, but, I do like a lot. I especially like the Gaither Vocal Band, The Crabb Family (I know, they split up), and Ernie Haase and Signature Sound. Anyway, I bought our tickets 4 months ago, and we have excellent, up close seats. I'm practically giddy about it--okay, I AM giddy about it. There are a few things that have popped up to try and ruin that day for me, but I refuse to let them. We have our last JBQ match of the year that day--which is being held 4 hours away from the concert. We have to rush out of the match and get on the road. --B. found out it was his drill weekend--so he has to miss the JBQ match--but will, thankfully, be off for the concert. I will swing by and pick him up on the way. --K. is supposed to have a basketball game that day. I have already told her that if the game time conflicts with when we have to leave for the concert, she will have to miss the game. She's not playing anyway--so she was alright with it. She knows that I have been looking forward to this since October. Wow, what a rambling paragraph--sorry for that.
- My weight loss is still going well--down 7 lbs--5 to go. I am loving Skinny Cow fudge bars! Yum.
- I tried three new recipes last week--a from scratch carrot cake, Ranger cookies, and a white chicken chili. They were all from the lastest Taste of Home mag. The carrot cake was to die for--and I only had two small pieces. The cookies were good, the chili-not so much. M. really liked it, but I wasn't so crazy about it.
- My friend, Judi, over at Momma's Mind Sweep has a new blog design business. Her designs are terrific. Go check it out--you might be a winner! Just click on the button below and it will take you to Doodlebug Designs.