Monday, March 17, 2008
Where To Start?
Wow, I haven't posted for two weeks--it's been a tough couple of weeks for me. I have been sick for nearly 3 weeks, and, thankfully, we've finally figured everything out--I think. Since I last posted, I have had a ton of blood work, a cat scan, an endoscopy, and an urinalysis. I have had an elevated temp (99.5-99.9) for nearly two weeks--that has really bothered me for some reason. Anyway, I went from thinking I was going to have to have my gall bladder out to having acid reflux and a possible urinary tract infection--I say possible because one doctor said I did and today another said I didn't and that she wouldn't have even given me an antibiotic --WHATEVER. I had a little reaction to the antibiotic they gave me Friday so when I went in today the new doctor said I had taken it long enough and could just stop taking it without getting a new one. I feel a little insecure about that, but I will trust her. So, it boils down to this--I'm on ne*xium for acid reflux, and I just semi-finished an antibiotic for a urinary tract infection that may or may not have been there. I'm just glad to be feeling better, because these past couple weeks have really done a number on me. I won't even go into how Satan has messed with my mind--the lies he told nearly drove me CRAZY!! I have worked very hard to stand on the Truth--I didn't always do so well though :) I'm glad that all I have to wait for now is the results of routine biopsies from my endoscopy (down the throat with a camera). I am working hard to relax and deal with these little problems that can come when a person reaches 40--growing older has its challenges.
*
We had such sad news Saturday night. My cousin's twenty year old daughter was tragically killed in a car accident. She drove off a steep embankment and her car landed upside down in water. It's so sad. B. is out of town this week, but the kids and I plan to head to St Louis tomorrow for the funeral. I am dreading the long drive, but I just feel so bad for my cousin and her family. Please say a prayer if you think to. And I miss my husband, so a prayer that the week would go quickly for me would be nice too!!! One of my cousins may be coming back with me from Missouri to spend the weekend--that will be so very lovely!
*
The kids went back to school today--they had a really nice spring break. It would have been a ton better if I hadn't been sick and it hadn't been filled with tests for me!!! The weather was extremely nice, and they enjoyed the relaxation time. They will have to miss school tomorrow and Wednesday to go to St Louis--then they have a four day weekend for Easter. They should feel like they've had a nice long break. Only 8 weeks of school after this one. The kids are excited about summer.
*
I cannot believe it is already Easter. I'm so thankful for the cross and what our Savior did for us. A blessed Easter weekend to all of you...

Labels:


  posted at 8:20 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At March 17, 2008 11:01 AM, Blogger Becky said...

So glad that you are getting some answers and feeling better.
I'm so sorry to hear about the death in your family.
May God's peace be with your family members.

 
At March 17, 2008 1:23 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

wow you have had a busy few weeks - sorry it's been all medical issues though! Hope you get some answers and are feeling better!

So sorry to hear about your cousin's daughter; how devastating that must be for the family. Will keep them in my prayers. Also prayers for safe travels for you.

 
At March 17, 2008 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad about your cousin. I'm so sorry.

I am also glad you're feeling better. I find it a very hard balance ... medicine, doctors, health in general... now that we have stepped out and are believing for Izzy I feel like I have to believe for me too when I'm sick or it's defeat. I just don't know how to deal with it? How do you?

 
At March 17, 2008 9:42 PM, Blogger Joyful Days said...

Prayers for you feeling better. I am so sorry for your cousin & her family, I will keep them in prayer.

Safe travels & Happy Easter.

In Him,

Julie

 
At March 19, 2008 6:15 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

So sorry to hear of your cousin's daughter. How tragic. We suffered the sudden loss of my BIL last week and it has shook us up as well. I will pray for all of you. Have a safe trip and know that we're all thinking of you.

 
At March 19, 2008 7:48 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your cousin's daughter, that's so hard.
Hope y'all have a safe trip and blessed Easter as well.

 
At March 20, 2008 9:19 AM, Blogger Judi said...

Man, you have been through the wringer. I am sorry for that. I know how Satan can deal with you in times like these, believe me! I am praying for you and all your requests. So tragic about the cousin's daughter. Hope you have a wonderful Easter. (((HUGS)))

 
At March 20, 2008 11:23 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

I am so sorry to hear about the death in your family and you being sick! I am glad you are beginning to feel better. I will keep you in my prayers for a safe trip. I hate whenever my husband is away on trips. I hope you family can have a special Easter in spite of the your troubles....God Bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Week in Review
    Wii and More
    On The Front Porch Today
    I Find It Ironic
    A Whole Bunch of Somethin'
    The Mystery Continues
    Weight Watchers Online
    Company and Stuff
    Dioramas Are Complete
    My Son, Master of the Fire

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: