Monday, November 17, 2008
I am stuffed full with fried chicken and mashed potatoes as I write this post. I'm not so full that I won't have a nice little banana split when Jon and Kate comes on. I am a big fan of Mondays. I usually try to stay home the entire day so that I can get all the laundry in the house done. I cook a good supper--and make sure there is a yummy dessert--and then relax in front of The Learning Channel to watch Jon and Kate, Little People, and 17 and Counting. I'm not sure what the appeal of these shows is--except maybe that they are openly Christian families. On the Mondays that I have Bible study, I DVR the shows and do this whole routine on Tuesday--except the laundry part. I really don't watch a single other thing on TV anymore. We usually get two movies a week from Netflix that we watch on the weekend--and that's about it. The twins are big "Man vs. Wild" fans. I cannot stand that show--I have seen the host eat one to many raw snakes. Yuck.
* B. got an epidural shot in his back last week to try to help with his pain. It has worked wonderfully. We even went on a very long walk this morning--which we haven't been able to do for weeks--it was so nice. We are praying that this shot works for a very long long time. We definitely want it to work through the end of the year so that he can finish his MBA. The goal is no surgery--and back to flying. We are really praying about this.
* My baby sister was here last week--along with my dad and stepmother--so that they could trade cars. My dad--ever so graciously--gave my sister a 3 year old HHR, a very nice car kind of like a much bigger PT Cruiser. She, in turn, gave him her old beat up Cavalier. It was such a blessing for my sister, and I heart my dad for doing that. The father of my sister's baby was also served with child support papers over the weekend, and the amount he has to pay is really going to help my sister be able to get by. I'm so glad. Hopefully, he cooperates. It will be a miracle, mind you.
* We have been bombarded lately with car trouble--completely overwhelming. I am hoping we are nearing the end of a tough time. We are trying so hard to pay cash for our next vehicle, and we just aren't ready to buy yet--it doesn't help that everything we would normally save is going for car repair bills. I am thankful that we have the money to pay, though.
* The weather has cooled off here--and I love it. I am the hugest fan of warm weather, but I also enjoy pulling out my sweaters, drinking hot chocolate, taking hot baths, and cuddling up with my hubby in front of the fireplace!
* We have a tremendous surprise in store for our children soon. I will share as soon as I can. The younger two are going to go nuts--and I do mean nuts!!