- Sarah's Spaghetti Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cups each of chopped onion, green pepper, celery, carrot, and mushrooms might be good too--but are optional-I didn't use them.
- 3 cloves garlic ( I used the jarred minced garlic--heaven forbid)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 14 oz cans diced tomatoes ( I substituted one of these cans with tomato sauce.)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- crushed red pepper (I used three dashes)
- 3 oz. uncooked spaghetti broken into 1 inch pieces
Chop vegetables and cook with ground beef until meat is done and the vegetables are tender--I didn't drain this before adding the remaining ingredients, but I will next time. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil for 15-20 minutes. Put Parmesan cheese on the table in case anyone wants to sprinkle a little on their soup. Serves 8-10 (There are 5 in our family, and I have enough for tomorrow's meal.) Enjoy!
I serve this with hot buttery french bread--yum!
*Adapted from Sarah's recipe*