Sunday, January 4, 2009
Happy New Year
It seems like every time I start a post lately, I feel like I need to say, "It's been a long time...". I'm not going to say that this time---but it has. I haven't even been exercising since the last time I posted--that is very strange for me. Today is my last day of slothfulness though---I absolutely promise. I tried to ease back into the exercise routine by getting on the treadmill for thirty minutes while the family was at church. ( I didn't go because of a disgusting fever blister/cold sore hanging out my nose--sorry if that's TMI.) It felt good, and perhaps it will put me in exercise mode again. Tomorrow is the day for getting back into routine, except B won't be going back to work yet. Speaking of B--he had major back surgery on the 17th of Dec. He had a 3 day hospital stay--that was not fun. Thankfully, my cousin came and stayed with the children so that I could stay with him. The surgery was in a town an hour away so it would have been hard to manage the children without help. Everything went well, and he is slowly getting back to normal. He will see his surgeon sometime this week, start physical therapy, and, hopefully, go back to half days at work soon. He won't be able to fly until summer--he will be a desk jockey for a good while. I am so looking forward to going on long walks with him again. We had a good, but very quiet Christmas. We were unable to travel due to B's surgery. The kids all got new digital cameras, and they were pretty happy about that. We also got the 'knifty knitter' and have been loom knitting scarves and hats. It's pretty fun. I sent my first scarf to my sister for her birthday this week. We have added a new member to our family--a beautiful chocolate lab named Mocha. He is a handful, but we all love him--well, K tolerates him.

MOCHA

He is about triple that size now! We love his first "Retrieve"!


  posted at 3:44 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At January 05, 2009 3:31 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

It is good to see this post and get an update! I am glad you all had a nice Christmas and I am glad your husband is on the mend. I hope his visit will be good news this week. Keep up the exercise program it will pay off in the end.
Have a blessed week.
Sheila

 
At January 10, 2009 8:46 PM, Blogger Becky said...

We love the knifty knitter. We are going to start a group of moms and daughters to use the looms to knit sweater hats for missionaries to pass out in South Africa and South Dakota. I'm so excited.
What a cute puppy Mocha is!

 
At January 11, 2009 9:49 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

A lab puppy is a handful, but such fun! He's a cutie! Makes me miss our lab.

 
At January 13, 2009 11:54 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Love the knifty knitter and that doggie is cute as pie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Things I've Done--or not
    Pondering
    November
    Baby's Got A New Pair of Shoes
    October 17, 2008
    A Souper Supper
    We Interrupt This Blogging Break...
    I knew it had been awhile since I posted, but was ...
    I MSG'd my Husband and Other Events From the Past ...
    Drivers Beware

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: