Friday, February 23, 2007
This Week's Reflection
We have had such a great week and the weekend looks like it will be wonderful--well, except for that nasty squall line that is due to pass through here late Saturday! Here's a re-cap: (I'm trying to type and listen to Randy Travis sing, "Deeper Than the Holler" and it's really not going well...Hold on--got to turn it OFF! I do love me some Randy Travis.)
- We actually had someone invite us over on Sunday for lunch. She made wonderful Chicken and Dumplings and a roast--oh, it was so good--especially since I didn't have to cook it! Other than accidentally spraying my hostess with the faucet sprayer, it was a wonderful time! Water all over her and the wood floors! Oops!
- B. was off on Monday and after he finished doing the taxes, we went to see Bridge to Terebithia with some friends. That was such a good movie--I read the book in 5th grade and loved it then. The movie is a wonderful example of friendship and imagination! You should definitely see it...
- Tuesday, we were back to the school grind--and busy with home-school PE and Upwards basketball practice. B. coaches both of the twins teams and K. helps him so I had the evening to myself. I ended up blogging the whole time! :)
- We are studying the Prayer of Jabez at church on Wednesday night and I am loving it. I have asked God to expand my blogging territory! I really want to be able to help whoever I can--especially with prayer! So, if you need prayer for anything...
- Yesterday, I had the wonderful pleasure of walking the river-walk with my friend. It was sunny and 75 degrees and the three mile walk was glorious. We celebrated the walk by going to a local ice-cream shop for brownie sundae's afterwards! Hey, I exercise specifically so that I can eat what I want!
- This morning a friend called and asked us to her house for dinner tonight. I love it when that happens--twice this week--that's like a miracle or something! I'm looking forward to it. I've been to Curves this morning and cleaned up the trash in the yard from a raccoon getting into our cans last night--oh the joys of living in the woods! My kids said there was animal vomit all over it--I choose to believe it was something else! Yuck!
- Tomorrow we have Upward basketball games and an In-House Teen Bible Quiz match--should be fun--if the weather cooperates! Pray for my trees--we always do when a storm is coming--don't want them dropping on my house. I'll post a picture so you can see what I mean!
Have a great weekend y'all!
Oh, and go see Bridge to Terebithia --and if you see Amazing Grace, let me know how it is! Sounds wonderful!
Labels: Weekly Reflection