- Monday--Left-over Brisket and/or Chicken and Dumplings (sent home with me by my friend!) and Lemon pound cake
- Tuesday--Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, Corn
- Wednesday--Ham and Pea Pasta--we don't care for the meal they are serving at church this week so we will be eating at home before church.
- Thursday--Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, purple-hull peas, and Ice-cream
- Friday--We will be eating left-overs again
- Saturday--Grilled chicken salads
Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
1 10 oz. pkg frozen broccoli ( I use fresh or just frozen florets a lot)
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken or celery soup ( I prefer celery)
1/2 cup Mayo.
1/4 teaspoon curry (use a little more if you like it--this is mild)
1/2 cup Parmesan
*salt and pepper to taste
Cook Broccoli according to package directions. Drain Broccoli and spread it in a 9x13 dish. mix chicken, soup, mayo, curry, and Parmesan in a medium bowl. Spread chicken mixture over broccoli. Bake 350 for 30 minutes covered, 10 minutes uncovered. Serve over rice. This is so very good!
Li'l Cheddar Meatloaves (Southern Living)
3/4 cup milk
1 cup Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup oat meal
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 lb. ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup (for sauce)
1/2 cup brown sugar (for sauce)
1 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard (for sauce)
-Beat egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 6 loafs. Place in greased 9x13 pan. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in a separate bowl. Spoon over loaves. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Have a great week ya'll and God bless!
Labels: Menu Plan Mondays