Thursday, March 22, 2007
Thusday Thirteen
  • Thirteen Famous People I Would Like to Hang With (past or present).

1. Elvis Presley--My family would know this about me. I can't help it--he was the best! I get "All Shook Up" just thinking about it! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

2. Billy Graham--The greatest evangelist of all time--in my opinion, and many others. My mom watched his specials every time they came on TV. I always remember hearing, "Just As I Am."

3. George W. Bush--I have loved him from the start. Tell me he wouldn't be fun to hang out with. (No political comments, please!)

4. Lisa Welchel-- technically, I've met her, but she would never remember that. I was able to hear her speak in October. She autographed my book and posed for a picture with me. We talked blogging--for 5 seconds or so!

5. Beth Moore--She is so wise, yet so fun. I was so glad she started a blog--now I feel like I have inside info.

6. The person who invented Coca-Cola. I want to thank him/her.

7. Elisabeth Elliot--another very wise woman whom I could learn so much from.

8. Abraham Lincoln--just seems like he would be so interesting. I love his story of much failure before great success.

9. Bill/Gloria Gaither--I would love to meet the genius behind songs like "He Touched Me", "Because He Lives", "The King is Coming", and "How Great Thou Art".

10. Mark Lowry--wouldn't that be hilarious! What a funny guy and he can sing too. He wrote the Christmas song, "Mary, Did You Know?"

11. Brooke Shields--This may seem a little strange when looking at the other names on my list but I have always thought she was so beautiful and I, too, have suffered from post-part um depression and we would have things to talk about.

12. Celia Murphree--This was my husbands great-great-great Grandmother. She was a Civil War heroine (the confederate side--she was from Alabama) and I would love to hear her account of what she did to earn a horse from General Nathan Bedford Forrest.

13. Jesus--This really goes without saying. I wasn't going to put Him at all because, with me, that's a given and technically, I do know Him. But, since He really did walk on this earth, in human form, I will put Him on this list because, really, what could be better? And, by the way, He's the only one of the thirteen that I know for sure I will meet face to face someday!

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 8:07 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At March 22, 2007 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to be Blair! I remember you posting the picture, and I was jealous!

 
At March 22, 2007 3:46 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

I'm right there with you on Beth
Moore and Elizabeth Elliot!

 
At March 22, 2007 8:16 PM, Blogger Annie said...

That is an interesting list!
I remember going to graceland when I was 13. It was pretty cool. I have pics of me sitting in the pink jeep in his back yard.

I think it would be really neat to 'hang out' with people I know but when they were my age... like my mom, grandmother, dad, etc.

 
At March 22, 2007 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful list! I've never really thought about who I would like to spend time with. I'm not really into getting *goo goo* over famous people but there are some people I would like to spend time with.:o)

 
At March 23, 2007 6:27 AM, Blogger Carina said...

There's an interesting idea. I wonder who my thirteen would be. . ? I like yours, though.

 
At March 23, 2007 9:52 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

What a fun list, loved it! I love Elvis movies; am with you on Beth Moore and Elisabeth Elliot. The last time we flew to Charlotte we took a wrong turn out of the airport and saw the entrance to Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, knew it was there but had no idea where!
And I love George Bush too, that would be fun!

 
At March 25, 2007 4:00 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Thank you for stopping by yesterday! I'm loving your blog and just had to comment because I love so many of the names you listed! I *love* Beth Moore, Elizabeth Elliot and I love George Bush! I can't stand to hear anything bad about him---he seems like such a good guy.
Brooke Shields went to my reproductive endo to get pregnant (worked for her, not for me!).

Thanks again for stopping by and commenting. It's so nice to meet other bloggers that share the same interests. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Nephew Update
    Urgent Prayer Need
    Well, I Never...
    Music Meme
    Lift Each Other Up
    Check out my new signature!
    Mercy Me and Other Random Somethings
    Menu Plan Monday
    Weekend Reflection
    The pain, the agony...

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: