1. Elvis Presley--My family would know this about me. I can't help it--he was the best! I get "All Shook Up" just thinking about it! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)
2. Billy Graham--The greatest evangelist of all time--in my opinion, and many others. My mom watched his specials every time they came on TV. I always remember hearing, "Just As I Am."
3. George W. Bush--I have loved him from the start. Tell me he wouldn't be fun to hang out with. (No political comments, please!)
4. Lisa Welchel-- technically, I've met her, but she would never remember that. I was able to hear her speak in October. She autographed my book and posed for a picture with me. We talked blogging--for 5 seconds or so!
5. Beth Moore--She is so wise, yet so fun. I was so glad she started a blog--now I feel like I have inside info.
6. The person who invented Coca-Cola. I want to thank him/her.
7. Elisabeth Elliot--another very wise woman whom I could learn so much from.
8. Abraham Lincoln--just seems like he would be so interesting. I love his story of much failure before great success.
9. Bill/Gloria Gaither--I would love to meet the genius behind songs like "He Touched Me", "Because He Lives", "The King is Coming", and "How Great Thou Art".
10. Mark Lowry--wouldn't that be hilarious! What a funny guy and he can sing too. He wrote the Christmas song, "Mary, Did You Know?"
11. Brooke Shields--This may seem a little strange when looking at the other names on my list but I have always thought she was so beautiful and I, too, have suffered from post-part um depression and we would have things to talk about.
12. Celia Murphree--This was my husbands great-great-great Grandmother. She was a Civil War heroine (the confederate side--she was from Alabama) and I would love to hear her account of what she did to earn a horse from General Nathan Bedford Forrest.
13. Jesus--This really goes without saying. I wasn't going to put Him at all because, with me, that's a given and technically, I do know Him. But, since He really did walk on this earth, in human form, I will put Him on this list because, really, what could be better? And, by the way, He's the only one of the thirteen that I know for sure I will meet face to face someday!
Labels: Thursday 13