Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Mercy Me and Other Random Somethings
We just bought tickets to the Mercy Me concert that will be in our area soon! The twins are so excited because they have never been to a concert before! It will be a nice little treat for us--we are going with a few other families from church! I can hardly wait... I could pass on Audio Adrenaline, who is travelling with them, but Aaron Shust is a favorite of mine and I can't wait to hear him! In other riveting news, we had our interview with the elementary principal today. A and M sat there so politely and the only things they ever said were, "Yes, Ma'am" and "No, Ma'am " (We're from the south, we do that! I remember when we lived in Washington state that my children were the ONLY ones who had been trained to do that. I certainly wasn't trained to say Ma'am and Sir. One time, I said "yes, sir" to my dad and he thought I was being a smart alek! Isn't that funny? I wasn't being a smart alek at all). Was that the most words you have ever seen in parentheses before? Anyway, the interview was fine--kind of non-essential if you ask me, but the kids did enjoy hearing about their schedule --you know--lunch, recess, etc. And speaking of educational things, I just finished re-reading The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers. If you haven't read any of her books, I highly recommend them. I practically never re-read books--this is the second one EVER --besides the Bible. So, I enjoyed it again--and would probably read it yet again. I just started a book my friend gave me called Middlemarch. It is a hugely thick book with lots of big words and the first few pages have been hard to get into. But, to tell the truth, my hubby wasn't exactly letting me concentrate on it! My policy is to give it 50 pages--if it's not interesting to me by then, it's not worth reading! Have a great Tuesday everyone! Enjoy your spring!

Labels:


  posted at 9:02 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At March 20, 2007 9:10 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Jenna,
I loved the scarlet thread too, that and redeeming love which I've been thinking about reading a second time along with the mark of the lion series. I have the books I mentioned from the library (kingsbury) and haven't had time to start another yet. I am taking one of them to Izzy's hospital thing Thursday and hopefully it will keep my mind occupied...

 
At March 20, 2007 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard they put on such a good concert! I know y'all will have so much fun!

Thanks for the tips on the chicken spaghetti. I'll be sure to follow your advice. Can't wait for dinner tomorrow night! Annie said she loved your recipe ~ so, I'm sure we will too!

 
At March 20, 2007 3:40 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for the prayers!

Hope you enjoy the concert!

 
At March 20, 2007 9:46 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

I'm trying to adopt that policy on the 50 pages thing! I usually feel compelled to finish but I actually quit on one this past weekend that I just couldn't get into.

The concert sounds awesome.
I tagged ya for a musical meme you can check out on my blog, but don't feel at all like you have to do it if it's not for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Menu Plan Monday
    Weekend Reflection
    The pain, the agony...
    I Can Run Now
    A Meme
    Pool Safety
    Upwards
    Menu Plan Monday
    Weekend Reflection
    Call Me A Slacker

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: