Sunday, March 18, 2007
Weekend Reflection
This has been a different week for me in that I allowed myself to be anxious about things in our lives. I try to "be anxious for nothing" but I didn't do so well this week. I am blaming it on hormones and I wish the Bible said, "Be anxious for nothing, except when you are hormonal...", then I would be a much more obedient child!
The week started with Church and our traditional Pizza Hut lunch! We had Life Groups at someone else's house this time and we had a great time.
Monday, we had our Upwards Banquet that I wrote about on Tuesday. I was so proud!
Tuesday, I walked the Riverwalk with a friend and hurt my foot. I didn't have an accident or anything--just walked in old shoes with bad support! I bought some great new tennies and my foot is healing!
Wednesday, I started not feeling well and started worrying about everything under the sun!
One of my worries was the sad state of our yard! When Spring comes, I am ready for the yard to look nice. My sweet hubby is out in the yard right now working hard so I won't have to be anxious anymore! It will look wonderful!
Thursday and Friday were just regular days--we are getting ready for the kids to take their Achievement tests at a local Christian school--so we have been spending some time in review! I bought the Test Readiness books you can get at the bookstore and they are going through those!
Today, we are headed for a birthday party an hour away. While we are there, we will go see Amazing Grace. I am looking forward to seeing it! Have a great week everyone!
*Updated to add that my yard looks mucho bettero and Amazing Grace was just that---Amazing! I highly recommend it. We had to travel an hour away to find a theatre that was showing it. And I'm sad to say that the parking lot was jam-packed, but the Amazing Grace theatre was fairly empty. We, as Christians, really need to get out and support these faith-based films in order to keep them coming! Ok--I'll quit preaching now!

Labels:


  posted at 12:16 AM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At March 18, 2007 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- you had a packed week! Comfortable shoes are a must, huh! I must be getting old, but I won't wear uncomforable shoes for anything anymore no matter how good they look. It's just not worth it. I've heard good things about that movie- I haven't checked to see if it's playing here though. Have a great Sunday!

 
At March 18, 2007 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see Amazing Grace! And...when we get home from CA, the flower beds are going to be attacked!

 
At March 18, 2007 9:13 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I want to see that movie too, I loved facing the giants!
It's very hard not to be anxious. I have to really work on this and dealing with Izzy has brought it home for me because the progress hasn't been the speed I would have thought or planned... I'm quite the planner. Give me a problem, and I'll give you a plan! But, I have learned to trust God, to lean on Him, and to not manage my life so much. I believe that she is healed by the stripes of Jesus. That's all that matters. Walking by faith rather than sight is a beautiful saying, lovely sentiment, nice picture for the wall... living it is not any of the above, but is a complete separation from self and union with God.
I pray that you are filled with peace this week and I am filled with faith!
Annie

 
At March 18, 2007 11:24 AM, Blogger Joyful Days said...

Worry. Ummmm...No, not me, huh-uh, now way. I never worry. NOT.

This is something I struggle with daily. I worry about big things, little things, important things, stupid things. Hormones make it worse here too.

Praying for peace of heart for both of us.

 
At March 18, 2007 12:39 PM, Blogger Kelly Lynch said...

Sounds like a similar week to mine..in feeling anxious anyways! Oh I love the Riverwalk! So sorry you hurt your foot. I want to go see Amazing Grace, my husband and I haven't been out since I can't even remember! Oh, and my husband was also working on agarden in the front with our eldest daughter. Yes, it is time for spring flowers!

 
At March 18, 2007 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, YES...nothing brings out my fleshy side quite like the hormones!!!

 
At March 18, 2007 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a BIG TIME worrier from way back. Like since birth! I struggle with it daily...no...I mean hourly! Pray for me and I'll be praying for you!

I am dying to see Facing the Giants and Amazing Grace. I am glad you got to enjoy the movie.

I hope you have a very blessed week this week. And if your hubby gets a free minute he can come on up to TN and work on my yard. My hubby hasn't started on ours yet!

 
At March 18, 2007 7:50 PM, Blogger Carina said...

Yeah, anxiety. I think that's probably me besetting sin. If there's one thing that I would lay at the base of all my health problems, it's angst.

 
At March 19, 2007 8:20 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Your the 2nd blogger today that really liked the movie. I'll have to see it.

Boy, I know about foot pain, so I hope yours gets better.

Hope this week is even better!

 
At March 19, 2007 11:02 PM, Blogger Pfingston said...

Now I've heard so much about Amazing Grace I've got to go see it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    The pain, the agony...
    I Can Run Now
    A Meme
    Pool Safety
    Upwards
    Menu Plan Monday
    Weekend Reflection
    Call Me A Slacker
    Weariness
    Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: