Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
For those who were wanting the Chicken Spaghetti recipe--here's mine. Jeana over at Days to Come also posted one today--it is considerably different from mine!
Southern Living Magazine
1 (16oz) package vermicelli (I only use 12 oz.--16 is too much--not enough sauce)
3 cups chopped cooked chicken (can buy deli-roasted chicken)
1 tablespoon butter
1 (8oz) pk sliced mushrooms (can use canned)
1 lg onion, chopped
1 lg green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery ( I leave this out)
1 (16oz) loaf Velveeta, cubed ( you could use a little more for more creaminess)
1 (10) oz can Ro-tel ( I use mild)
1 cup frozen green peas ( my family likes it better without these)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs (can use plain)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. De bone cooked chicken and chop, set aside
3. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients; saute' 5 minutes or so or until vegetables are tender.
4. Add chicken, cheese cubes, and next 4 ingredients to vegetable mixture, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined. Add pasta, and toss to combine. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.