Thursday, March 15, 2007
I Can Run Now
I just got new tennis shoes! I just got new tennis shoes! I seem excited, don't I? Well, I am being hopeful this time. I must have become a shoe snob because this is the third pair I have bought in the past 6 months. The other two have hardly been worn because they just couldn't compare to the pair I already had at home. I wore the other two pair in the store for a while and I thought they were going to be fine but as soon as I got them home--YUCK! One pair walked my sock completely off my foot-- not to mention the blisters I got from the other pair! Well, today, I spent way too much money (sorry, honey) and bought some that came highly recommended. So far--so good! I am going to wear them in the house for a couple of days just to make sure but I am thinking these might be the ones. I had a foot injury nearly two years ago while visiting NYC. I walked so much in shoes without good support that I ended up with a plantar problem ( I know you wanted to know). I had pretty much gotten that taken care of by buying new shoes. Those shoes have worn out now, though, and my foot has been hurting again every time I exercise. So, wish me luck with these new ones...I sure hope they work!

Labels:


  posted at 7:21 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At March 15, 2007 8:11 AM, Blogger Amberly said...

I got new shoes too! I've been so excited about them all week! I don't buy tennis shoes often and the tennis shoes I've been wearing for a few years are actually too small b/c my foot grew with my third pregnancy. Sad, huh? I now have some brand spanking new gray New Balance 680 shoes with the light pink around the "N." I've been wanting them for a while, but I've been too cheap to splurge. I'm so glad I did! I LOVE THEM!!

 
At March 15, 2007 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't new shoes fun?! I'm a flip flop girl but enjoy anything *new*! My very favorite tennis shoes are actually Nike Walking shoes. They look like running shoes but are so light on my feet. Love 'em! Hope you enjoy yours!

 
At March 15, 2007 10:50 PM, Blogger Joyful Days said...

Hope they work for you too. Shoes make all the difference for me these days for both my feet and for my back. Ugh...getting old.

 
At March 16, 2007 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be something about shoes, huh? When I walk with a new pair, I make sure I don't bend my feet too much lest I crease the leather.

Have a great weekend.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At March 16, 2007 7:36 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Now you have me looking for new shoes! Thanks Jenna! :oP

I love buying Izzy shoes, she is kinda known for her shoes at her school... she has every color made... latest pair is gymboree white slip ons with hearts and red ankle ties... so adorable.

 
At March 16, 2007 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I desparately need new tennis shoes. Mine are horrible. I am glad you got some that seem to work. Good luck with them!

 
At March 17, 2007 9:27 AM, Blogger Carina said...

Oooh, I am on the good shoe search, too. What I'm really wanting are those Skecher's Mary Janes. (I think they're called Bikers, oddly enough) But I'd really like a nice pair of Tennis Shoes, too. I hate spending money on shoes, but I'm tired of uncomfortable, useless shoes, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    A Meme
    Pool Safety
    Upwards
    Menu Plan Monday
    Weekend Reflection
    Call Me A Slacker
    Weariness
    Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
    In Which I Give Words of Advice That You Probably ...
    Menu Plan Monday

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: