Friday, March 23, 2007
Whatcha Worryin' About Anyway
So, this was the week I had put aside to review the school year and prepare for achievement tests. I, of course, am the only one in the household nervous about this. Not one single child has the decency to be concerned! All three kids will be going to school next week in order to take the SAT. Our private, Christian school has very kindly let us do that a couple times now. Every year, I am a nervous wreck (in a joyful kind of way, of course) and pack as much review into the week as I can. I go to BAM (Books a Million) and buy the practice test books for their respective grades and we go through the whole thing. I am able to see areas they are weaker in and the ones they are excelling in. Of course, all this ever really tells me is what I already knew about each child. One struggles with math and spelling, another struggles with parts of speech, etc. When you are a homeschooling mom, you tend to know these things pretty easily. And with just a week, there isn't much time to do anything about the weaker areas anyway. So, I must just leave it to the Lord, knowing that I have done my best and it's too late to fret now. If I was going to fret, I should have done it much, much sooner! :) I will feel so much better Monday when I know there is nothing else I can do. I will get up early, drive them to school (good practice for next year), pray for them on the way, drop them off, and leave it all in God's hands. Which is exactly what I should be doing at this moment--leaving it in God's hands, I mean!

Labels: ,


  posted at 12:35 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At March 23, 2007 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have fun reviewing.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At March 23, 2007 7:43 PM, Blogger Annie said...

They'll do great!
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

 
At March 23, 2007 8:58 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

I will be praying for your children! By the way, I love your blog and am glad you like the baked beans enough to post them! :)

Amanda

 
At March 24, 2007 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just know your kiddos will do just fine. I tend to be a worry wart in most cases, LOL. I feel your pain! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Please Pray Again
    Thusday Thirteen
    Nephew Update
    Urgent Prayer Need
    Well, I Never...
    Music Meme
    Lift Each Other Up
    Check out my new signature!
    Mercy Me and Other Random Somethings
    Menu Plan Monday

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: