- Monday- We are having left-overs today because my frig is packed to the gills. It always seems to be on Mondays!
- Tuesday- I think I will fix ham and beans with cornbread today. I never fix this and I've got a "hankerin" for it! (That's a southern term, in case you were wondering. Hankering: to have a desire for, to want in a bad way. That's my definition, anyway!
- Wednesday- Fellowship meal at church--BBQ chicken this week.
- Thursday-Spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, and some kind of vegetable--maybe corn.
- Friday-I must really be in a bean mood this week because I have Mexican soup planned. It's another one of those recipes that I really should share because it's so good and easy!
- Saturday-left-overs--yes, again
Think I'll just share that recipe now--even though spring/summer is probably not the best time to post a soup recipe. I promise that you will love it though.
1 lb ground beef (or up to 1 1/2 lbs.)
1 onion, chopped
1 can shoe peg corn
1 can yellow hominy
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
2 cans mild Ro-tel
1 jar (24 oz) mild Picante sauce
1 12oz can V-8
Brown meat and onion. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 1 hr (or could put in the crock pot). Serve with Frito's, sour cream, and cheese.
Labels: Menu Plan Mondays