Thursday, April 5, 2007
Spring Reading Thing *UPDATED*
I'm joining in a little late, but, at least, I am joining. I made a trip to the bookstore yesterday evening and I am ready to go. I bought 4 books that I have been hearing a lot about lately in the blogosphere and 1 that I thought just looked good! So, here they are:
  1. *FINISHED*"The Grapes of Wrath"--a classic that I know everyone else must have read in high school or college, but I never have. It looks really good--I love that era.
  2. *FINISHED*"The Poisonwood Bible"--I am reading this because Lauren talked about it at her blog. It also looks like it will be most interesting!
  3. *FINISHED*"Uncharted"--I enjoy Angela Hunt's books and this is one of her latest. The description said it compares with the movie , "The Castaway".
  4. *FINISHED*"The Time Traveler's Wife"--I have heard that this is very sad--I'm up for it though.
  5. *FINISHED*"Hinds' Feet On High Places"--The copy I bought has a built-in devotional. I got this one because my friend, Coach J was talking about it and I realized that I may be the only Christian woman who hasn't read this yet!

So, this is definitely enough to keep me busy through the spring--especially since I don't seem to have as much time to devote to reading as I use to.--(Could it be this blog o' mine?)! And, by the way, I do not make it a habit to buy 5 books at one time--I don't know if I have ever done that before--what a rush!!!

* I also read "Standing in the Rainbow" and "Sunrise".

*Let me just say that "The Time Traveler's Wife is decidedly Non-Christian. I do not recommend it and have repented for reading it myself. * I am Spring Reading Thing complete!

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 10:10 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At April 05, 2007 11:21 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

I haven't read any of these yet either. I do want to read The Time Travelers Wife pretty soon! The others I'll get to soon enough I'm sure! I'll have an 8th grader next year and I know her reading will get tougher. I'll have to read everything that she reads so hopefully we'll catch a few of these!

 
At April 05, 2007 11:33 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Oh yay, I'm glad you are doing the spring reading! It's fun. You know, I don't think I've read any of those you have listed. I picked up Poisonwood Bible but put back so I'd love to hear what you say about it. And I should check something out by Hunt, I might be the only one to not have read her!
Gave you a little award on my blog!

 
At April 05, 2007 1:42 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I tagged you, come see!

 
At April 05, 2007 2:43 PM, Blogger Joyful Days said...

Jenna, I have not read any of those, including Grapes of Wrath. So I will be looking forward to reading your thoughts on these books.

Great list.

 
At April 05, 2007 3:36 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I have only read Time Travelers Wife of these, so I'll look forward to hearing what you think of the rest of these. Like you, I rarely go in a bookstore and leave with more than 1 or 2 books, so I can sympathize with that adrenaline rush! Be careful, it might become addicting, hehehe!

Happy Reading!!!

 
At April 05, 2007 5:10 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I was one of those who enjoyed Grapes of Wrath in high school.

Hinds Feet will always have a special place in my heart! : )

Happy reading!

 
At April 05, 2007 6:06 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

You are NOT the only Christian woman to not have read Hinds' Feet. I'm not finished yet, so it's me and you, babe!

Just send on over the others when you get done. I'll be waiting in my disorganized, I mean getting-cleaned-up, office.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    My Future Plans
    I Would Love To Meet...
    A Meme For Annie-The ABC one.
    More Spring Colors
    CHOCOLATE CAKE--IT'S NOT JUST FOR DESSERT ANYMORE
    Menu Plan Monday 4/2-4/8
    Weekend Reflection
    The 6-things Meme
    Special at Our House
    I Just Had to Share My Son's Cuteness!

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: