Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Middle Name Meme and Stuff

Annie and Momma tagged me for this meme awhile back. Today seemed like a good day to post it! I am not posting or following the rules. And I'm not tagging anyone, but please play along if you want. Now, if you remember, Jenna is a variation of my middle name, so I am going to use Jenna.

J- Joy. Joy is very important to me--especially after a couple bouts with clinical depression. I may not always be happy, but there is always joy in my heart--it may be deep down and harder to find some days, though. !!

E- E? Who can think of anything that starts with an E? Oh, I know--Elegant. I have always wanted to be this, and to have an elegant home. I'm not, and I don't, but it would be just lovely.

N- Not fair that I have to do two of these. Normal. I am just about as normal as they come--average, average, average.

N-Nurturing - towards my kids and hubby anyway. My heart's desire, above all things, is to be a good wife and mother.

A-Alias--Jenna is my alias for this blog. Can you tell I used a dictionary to find this word?

-----------------------
Lately, I have been reading some blogs about this person whipping up a knitted hat for her daughter, or this person sewing two of the most adorable corduroy skirts for her daughters, or another person making tons of Christmas-y things for her family. What is up with me? I have got to get my craftiness on--or else stop reading these blogs that make me feel like I need to. I've done next to nothing this week--well, other than helping with homework, JBQ (junior bible quiz), housework, bill-paying, chauffeuring, cooking, and other normal mom things. I think what I am going to do is get my photo albums updated. I used to be a scrap-booker--but that died out about the time the twins were born. Now, I count myself blessed to have all our pictures from the past twenty years chronologically placed in regular photo albums--well, I don't have the last year and half done. That should be my project, don't you think--to finish up the past year and a half? I'll let you know if I actually do it. Don't hold your breath.

Labels:


  posted at 9:26 AM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At October 17, 2007 10:30 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

you are so funny. I don't think you are just normal-silly, you're above normal! How 'bout NICE???

 
At October 17, 2007 11:00 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Loved your word choices. I think you are elegant and normal is a good thing! Nice is a good one too!

 
At October 17, 2007 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it! I have all our pics scrapbooked up until last February. My goal is always to not get more than a year behind. So, you can be sure that sometime in January, my kids will go to Grandma's house and I will work like crazy on pics all weekend!

 
At October 17, 2007 3:51 PM, Blogger Becky said...

There are some really crafty bloggers out there...I'm just dying to learn to knit.
We had our JBQ match Sat. and I have 3 weeks til TBQ. whew!!!
Have fun with your photos
Joyful, Elegant, Normal,Nuturing, Alias Friend. : )

 
At October 17, 2007 6:02 PM, Blogger Kellan said...

I love the meme. And I too am waaay behind on my photo albums. It's on my project list too. Let me know if you really start getting yours done so that way maybe it will make me feel bad enough to actually start doing mine. I enjoyed your post. See ya.

 
At October 17, 2007 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the meme it was cute.

 
At October 18, 2007 12:06 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Bible Q's are three hours away for you guys?! Ugh!
I will remember that and not complain about 40 min for jbq and 90 for tbq.
Wow! That must make for one very long day for you guys. I guess you get a lot of practice in on the way though. : )
Thanks for stopping by!

 
At October 18, 2007 2:53 PM, Blogger mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Jenna,

I read some of those crafty blogs too, and get discouraged. I get a crafty urge every once in a great while but that's the exception rather than the rule. I do scrapbook, but my books are plain-jane. I just didn't get the crafty gene and am insanely jealous of people who did.

Wish you lived here and we motivate each other...or not. LOL!

 
At October 19, 2007 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute youyou! Okay, as to normal...you are way above - you don't have the issues that most people have today - besides, in my life you are WAY above average. Scrapbooking? Decided to do my first after we went to Africa 5? years ago. After about 10 pages I decided it would take the rest of my life to pare down 30 rolls of film and get them in the book. After much guilt and stress for not finishing (I can't stand things left undone) I finally decided I wasn't going to do it, and am now quite content not to. I have started a new kind of scrapbooking, which I will show you when my first one is done. It is much more to my liking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Thank You, Thank You Very Much
    The Promised Pictures
    We're Home
    We Have A Winner!
    Two Projects in Six Weeks
    Fall Into Reading 2007 and a Tiny Give-Away
    Oh Yes, And I Had a Birthday Too
    My Babies are Eleven
    I Can See the Future
    To Homeschool or Not To Homeschool?

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: