Thursday, April 5, 2007
Duly Chastised
My husband and I had gone to bed the other night around 10 pm. We were both tired because my hubby had been up sick most of the night before. B. wasn't too tired, however, to be his usual prankster self. He is always attempting to grab my pillow just before my head lies down to rest. He has done this for years, and despite the fact that I almost ALWAYS grab it before I ever turn my lamp off, and stop him from performing this dastardly deed, he still attempts it night after night after night! I guess the FEW times that he has actually succeeded is reward enough for him. It is a challenge. He must conquer! I just get so tickled at his persistence. Well, in spite of his tiredness (is that a word?), he attempted to pull my pillow out from under me after I had already laid/n? down. He managed to grab a large portion OF MY HAIR when he yanked this time. Needless to say, I was not quiet about this little happening! I yelped in pain and proceeded to slap, smack, and hit him! We got so tickled and were just innocently playing (really) when we heard a "knock, knock, knock" at the door, followed by our son saying this: "Mom and Dad, could you take the volume down a notch, PLEASE? We are trying to get some sleep around here!" Talk about your role reversal! What a funny, funny boy! We just had to say, "Yes, sir!" and "Get yourself back in bed!", close our eyes , and try to keep our giggles under the covers! We were duly chastised, but he better watch out--it will come back to haunt him!

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 8:08 PM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At April 06, 2007 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I guess it was kind of fun to be in trouble instead of managing the trouble for a change!

 
At April 06, 2007 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFL! What a riot!!!

Your story makes me very thankful that our bedroom is on the whole other side of our house from the others, LOL!

As for your hubby and his pillow stealing, is he related to David? Gracious, I bought a Maternity Boppy for my tummy when I sleep since I'm so unclfy these days ... wanna guess who has it? Not me! At least you get your pillow back before the night is over, LOL!

Now y'all ...... SHHHHHHHH! :o)

 
At April 06, 2007 10:37 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

How funny! Your hubby sounds like mine, he likes to snatch my pillow sometimes too. And pull the quilt off my side and various and sundry other mischevious things. Some of which I won't ever tell anyone about, hehehe!

 
At April 06, 2007 10:38 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I actually laughed out loud when I read that. That sounds very much like Matt. Every night he lays down in the bed and yanks the covers off me. First of all, I am very cold natured! and secondly I hate the covers to be messed up! Anyway, I have learned to wrap my hand around the corner so when he pulls nothing moves (much). I can't say what I would do if he got a handful of my hair, it wouldn't be pretty I can tell you that much!

 
At April 06, 2007 12:05 PM, Blogger Leah Belle said...

Giggle! Giggle! Thats a great story. I love it!

 
At April 06, 2007 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! What fun. I agree with Lauren it was probably fun to be the one in trouble instead of managing it!

 
At April 06, 2007 10:33 PM, Blogger Nan said...

LOL! Well you know the pillow part of this sounds painfully familiar to me... only I am always on the other side of it! :^)

 
At April 06, 2007 11:09 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

oops! LOL What a funny story!

 
At April 07, 2007 4:30 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

How sweet! I always like to wait until my hubby's going to sit down and slip my hand under him! LOL! I don't think he's quite as entertained by it! We have wrestling matches alot too! LOL! Our girls usually stand and laugh at us. Thanks for sharing! It's good to know that other married couples do these sorts of things!

 
At April 10, 2007 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Thank You, Thank You Very Much!
    Spring Reading Thing *UPDATED*
    My Future Plans
    I Would Love To Meet...
    A Meme For Annie-The ABC one.
    More Spring Colors
    CHOCOLATE CAKE--IT'S NOT JUST FOR DESSERT ANYMORE
    Menu Plan Monday 4/2-4/8
    Weekend Reflection
    The 6-things Meme

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: