Thursday, April 5, 2007
Thank You, Thank You Very Much!
Well, as my bro-in-law says: "Slap me over the head with a scoop shovel, and call me stunned!" ( I don't talk that way, really, it just seemed appropriate what with the "stunned" and all!) I had quite the shock waiting in bloglines this morning and another shock waiting this afternoon! I'm telling you, I did not expect to get one of these: Hmm, let me see, where did I put my acceptance speech--Oh, here it is..ahem...ahem... "I would like to thank Gail over at More Than A Song, and my friend, Annie, for "thinking" of me for this award. I am humbled, and I think the shock is finally wearing off. You were both so sweet to give me this award! I feel the same way toward both of you!" --- It's funny because I was thinking the other day about posting this:

I saw it over at Susie's a long time ago and had saved it! Now, I have a real live blog award to put in my sidebar! Fun!

Thanks a bunch Gail and Annie! You're too sweet for words!

Now, enough of the mushy stuff--I am suppose to pass this award on to 5 bloggers who make me think! This will be easy.

  1. Everyday Mommy--I know, I know, what is little ole me doing nominating the wonderful Everyday Mommy for an award? Well, I just happen to admire the stand she takes for high morals and Christianity, and I can honestly say she has made me think more than anyone I've read in the blogosphere!
  2. Mississippi Girl--She won't even know who I am, but I have lurked there (how rude of me) since last summer. She is an inspiration to me--living out this year while her husband serves overseas. I am a military wife who has never had to go longer than two months without my honey, and I admire anyone who can make it through with such amazing strength and resolve. She's not been around as much lately, but that's OK, she's got an awful lot on her plate right now. Go visit her if you get a chance--she's southern through and through, and she's even a Bulldog fan!
  3. Jodi at Fruit Inspection is another favorite of mine! She has written some wonderful posts concerning finances---tithing and saving, to name a couple. She has a sweet spirit and a great chicken salad recipe! ;) I know you will enjoy her as much as I have.
  4. Coach J is my real life friend. She has always made me laugh, and she probably doesn't know that she makes me think, as well. She has a precious, sensitive, teacher's heart. I have always admired her openness to what the Holy Spirit is doing in her life! Her posts have already shown that. She's a gem!
  5. Mandalyn is also my real life friend. I am 10 years her senior, and thought that since I was so much older, I would have so much wisdom to pass down. HA! It didn't take very long for me to realize that she is a very mature and wise woman, and she will be just fine without any mentoring from me. So, I have enjoyed being her friend and watching her with her two precious babies. Her posts have been wonderful so far, and she really has a lot to offer us in our corner of cyberspace.

This was not as easy as I thought--

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 6:06 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At April 05, 2007 6:46 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Woo Hoo! You go girl!

 
At April 05, 2007 8:12 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Congratualtions! I just followed the links from Gail's...
Oh wow...I just love that No-award button! I would have posted that awhile back when it seemed like everyone I knew was being nominated for one of the awards...love it, love it! :)
I really like Mississippi Girl too...(but I think she said she's now lurking on mine, since she's such busy girl these days!)
Some of the others I haven't visited before...that's what I love about this award- discovering new blogs and friends!
Stop by and say hi any time...
Blessings!

 
At April 05, 2007 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww man...I was going to nominate you! Pooh...:) congrats. Apparently a lot of us have good taste!

 
At April 05, 2007 8:33 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

You picked some good ones Jenna! I lurk on those first 2 myself!
And have read your friends a bit so will have to check the other one out too.
That No-award button is too cute, how fun!
Have a blessed Easter weekend Jenna.

 
At April 06, 2007 8:51 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Wow! And to think, I make you think. I have to, scratch that, should think before I speak. That's alot of thinking!! :)
Thank you so much. Now what in the world do I do about it?? Help!

 
At April 06, 2007 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Jenna ~ it's your birthday! *That's my congrats song, LOL*

I'm so glad you got this award! Had to laugh at the No Award Award! The sarcasm in that is priceless!

I'll go visit the blogs you linked this afternoon!

 
At April 07, 2007 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. This is incredibly humbling.

And, I'm enjoying your blog!

Warmly,
Everyday Mommy
(not at all wonderful)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Spring Reading Thing *UPDATED*
    My Future Plans
    I Would Love To Meet...
    A Meme For Annie-The ABC one.
    More Spring Colors
    CHOCOLATE CAKE--IT'S NOT JUST FOR DESSERT ANYMORE
    Menu Plan Monday 4/2-4/8
    Weekend Reflection
    The 6-things Meme
    Special at Our House

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: