Friday, April 20, 2007
Our Family Night Farkled!
We had such a fun time tonight. Our week has been so crazy busy that we have hardly had any time together as a family, so on Wednesday, I designated Friday night to be an official family night. I told everyone (read: my hubby) not to make any plans, whatsoever. I bought a bunch of steaks and potatoes, and we had a wonderful meal together. Afterwards, we let each of the kids pick a game to play. Our son, A., was first--he picked Uno Stacko. That is a nerve wracking game, much like the game, Jenga. M. picked a game called Swipe. It sells at Wally World in the game section for about $5.00. It is over by the card games, like Uno and Phase 10. It's a fun game, especially for kids. K. picked a big family favorite--Farkle. I would say we had the most fun with this game--we usually do. Have you heard of it? We haven't found too many people who have. It's a fun little dice game that dates back to medieval times, and if you haven't ever played it--you really should fix that. You can find the rules here. There are many variations of this game, but these rules were the closest to how we play. We only require a person to get to 500 before getting on the "score sheet" though--1000 is too hard. I would love to hear if anyone else out there plays this game! I hope you all have a great weekend. I probably won't be around!

post signature

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:55 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At April 20, 2007 11:14 PM, Blogger Karen said...

We used to play Farkle all the time at my mom's house. Haven't played in years. I think the kids would like it, though; I should teach them.

 
At April 21, 2007 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Farkle. Sounds fun. So glad y'all had such a good evening! We did a family night last night, too. Cooked on the grill and then watched Gremlins. :o)

 
At April 21, 2007 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of Farkle, but we will be sure to try it out! We love games!

 
At April 21, 2007 11:11 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Never heard of Farkle and we are the master of board games around here! We really like Scattegories and Fact or Crap. The kids got In A Pickle for Christmas and have played it (they like it) but I haven't yet. We have a closet full of board games....it's nuts!

 
At April 22, 2007 4:01 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

sounds like you had a wonderful family game night! How fun! I haven't heard of farkle before, but I'm going to check it out!

 
At April 23, 2007 11:34 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, love family time and game night, sounds like a lot of fun! So glad you guys are able to schedule time to do this :)

I dislike Jenga, it makes me nervous, so I'd skip on the Uno Stack one. I'm going to check out the rules of Farkle, I don't think I've heard of it. And you know, I bought us a box of Phase 10 cards over a year ago and we haven't opened them yet and learned how to play :(

Hope you guys get a chance to do this again soon!

 
At April 23, 2007 6:07 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Never heard of Farkle! But I'm going to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Friday's Feast 140
    The History Meme
    The Wedding Meme Tag from Annie!
    You Know You're A Homeschooler When...
    100 Things About Me or My Life In A Nutshell
    B.'s Grandmother *Updated*
    I've Been Randomized By Carrie!
    Random Thoughts
    Menu Plan Monday!
    My Cards

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: