Wednesday, April 18, 2007
100 Things About Me or My Life In A Nutshell
  1. I was born in Poplar Bluff, Missouri.
  2. In 1968.
  3. I am the oldest of three girls.
  4. I went to the same school from kindergarten to 12th grade.
  5. I was quite the singer/preacher when I was little.
  6. I was saved at the age of 4.
  7. I am of the Pentecostal faith.
  8. But I went to Baptist churches a lot growing up.
  9. I have never strayed from the Lord.
  10. I have never had any alcohol, except one very tiny sip of champagne.
  11. I have never smoked a cigarette or done any drugs and I don't have any tatoos or extra piercings.
  12. I'm so thankful for that.
  13. I never liked playing sports.
  14. I was into drama and music.
  15. I played the clarinet from 5th grade through 12th.
  16. I was in two plays in high school. I played an elderly lady in one of them.
  17. I love Coca-cola--diet is disgusting!
  18. I love chocolate.
  19. Pizza is one of my favorite things to eat.
  20. There is always ice-cream in my freezer.
  21. Please, do not make me eat beets, sauerkraut, greens, asparagus, or brussel sprouts--yuck.
  22. I could eat beans and/or peas of any kind every single day and never get tired of them.
  23. I have been terribly lactose-intolerant for the past 14 years. It happened overnight.
  24. Did I mention I always have ice-cream in my freezer?
  25. I enjoy exercise and usually work-out 5 times a week.
  26. I had strep throat in 11th grade.
  27. I had mono in 12th grade--and I hadn't been kissing anyone either! I missed an entire month of school.
  28. My boyfriend, who was away at college, broke up with me because of it. He thought I had been unfaithful!!!! I'm very glad he did.
  29. My house burned to the ground when I was in 12th grade. We lost everything.
  30. My grandpa died when I was in 12th grade--quite unexpectedly.
  31. My mom was diagnosed with cancer when I was in the 12th grade.
  32. I had to go live with my grandma in 12th grade so she wouldn't be alone. It was hard because she was very sad.
  33. 12th grade was a year from you know where.
  34. I was so glad to see it go.
  35. I started college in 1986 to major in elementary education.
  36. I quickly changed my mind--and switched to social work.
  37. I met my husband in 1987--it wasn't love at first sight--but, almost!
  38. My mom passed away 6 weeks after I met my husband.
  39. He helped me through that time more than he ever knew.
  40. We got married in July 1989.
  41. It has been a wonderful experience and I would do it all over again.
  42. We graduated from college in 1990 and 1991 (I was in '91).
  43. I took off a year from school to help support us--we were terribly poor! ;)
  44. After my husband's graduation, we moved with the Air Force to start pilot training. Well, he started pilot training and I tagged along and finished school in our new state.
  45. It was very hard to leave home.
  46. I'm so glad we did. (No offense to family!)
  47. We thought we were rich! (We weren't.) We even bought a brand new car!
  48. We found the best church and the best friends in our new city.
  49. We found out I was pregnant in '91 right about the time B graduated from training.
  50. We welcomed K into the world in June of '92.
  51. Her daddy barely made it back from California in time.
  52. I was a pre-term labor nightmare!
  53. Being a mom is the best.
  54. We moved to North Dakota when K was 6 weeks old.
  55. It is very cold there and I do not like cold at all! Hot is tons better.
  56. I loved our Bible study group at the air base in North Dakota.
  57. Thankfully, we only stayed there for two winters, then we came back to the pilot training base.
  58. I had a tough time getting pregnant the second time around.
  59. I finally did and had a lovely baby girl in July of '95.
  60. She was terribly sick and only lived 12 hours.
  61. She looked a lot like her sisters.
  62. We miss her still. She would be 12 this year.
  63. I said I would never get pregnant again.
  64. I was pregnant again very shortly thereafter and found out we were having twins.
  65. It was one of the happiest days of my entire life--scariest too!
  66. Telling my husband was the funnest thing!
  67. The twins arrived in Sept 96. I had just turned 28!
  68. My uterus was so large from carrying twins that it tore open and had to be surgically repaired. My doctor said that was the only time he had ever seen that happen. He also said it would be best to not have any more children and we didn't.
  69. Wow, what a year that first one was! It's all still a bit hazy!
  70. I thought I might lose it when the twins had RSV.
  71. We moved to Washington state when the twins were 1 year old and K was 5.
  72. I loved living in Spokane and made some of the greatest friends.
  73. I miss all the fruit--Washington apples, peaches, cherries, and strawberries! Yum!
  74. We moved back to the south in 2000.
  75. We have been here ever since.
  76. I do not want to go anywhere else.
  77. I have home-schooled my children since 1997.
  78. It has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.
  79. We are not going to home school after this year. I need a break from all the rewards. ;)
  80. I love to read classics and Christian fiction.
  81. I used to cross-stitch a lot.
  82. I used to scrap-book.
  83. Then, I had twins and started home-schooling.
  84. I am not a picky person, but I do like things to be neat and clean.
  85. I love to shop for new clothes.
  86. I can't wait to be debt free.
  87. I want to travel to all 50 states by the time I am 50. I have 16 or 17 to go.
  88. I have been to Mexico, Canada, The Bahama's, and Hawaii--mostly compliments of the Air Force.
  89. We went on a Disney cruise in 2001. That was FUN!
  90. I have a college degree, but have never worked outside the home since I found out I was pregnant the first time.
  91. I do not ever plan to work outside the home! :)
  92. I had quite the problem with post-partum depression all three times--to the point of needing medication. I'm so glad I got help.
  93. I wish I had been able to have more children--6 would be the perfect number! (Don't faint, B!)
  94. I always did want to adopt.
  95. I have fall allergies, but not spring.
  96. I do not have a green thumb.
  97. I enjoy singing the alto part in choir.
  98. My middle name and my last name rhyme.
  99. My God, my husband, my children, and my family and friends mean the world to me.
  100. I am so thankful for the life I've had so far, and all I've learned from it. God has been so good to me.

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 10:18 AM  
  23 comments



23 Comments:
At April 18, 2007 10:55 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Hey, how long did you live in PB?? I was born and raised in Sikeston!

 
At April 18, 2007 11:17 AM, Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

Wow.. I'm older than you are, but we have a few of the same circumstances in common. God bless you..

 
At April 18, 2007 11:26 AM, Blogger Amberly said...

Wow, girl! You have been through a lot! You have a great attitude about it all though. Also, looks like we both went to the same school for kindergarten through 12th grade! I lived in a small town and there was only one school. I graduated with the same people I started school with!

 
At April 18, 2007 12:50 PM, Blogger Leah Belle said...

My brother lives in Poplar Bluff!! I've been to Spokane! My friend Kathy, who I posted about recently, was from a small town outside of Spokane (Edwall). She got married in a church in Spokane and I was part of the wedding.

 
At April 18, 2007 1:41 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

I loved reading that and I love the part about giving up the homeschooling rewards...funny.

 
At April 18, 2007 3:42 PM, Blogger Annie said...

wow, 12th grade was quite a year for you! Now I am trying to figure out what your last name is! I loved reading this and learning about you! I'm sorry about the loss of your daughter. I had a miscarriage before Iz and said I would never get pregnant again... then came Izzy!

 
At April 18, 2007 4:07 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, this was great! I'm so glad you did this, I loved learning more about you Jenna! :)

 
At April 18, 2007 4:11 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I loved reading those Jenna. 12th grade must have stunk! I went to the same school from K-12 also..my kids cannot imagine that. I hope you are having a great day!

How's B's grandmother?

 
At April 18, 2007 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had fun reading your list. I am a "fall allergy" kinda girl, too!

 
At April 18, 2007 5:03 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I so enjoy reading everyone else's 100 things! I never did one myself, just didn't think I would be able to come up with 100 interesting facts!

You sure did have an eventful 12th grade year!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your 2nd daughter; I'm sure she lives on in your heart especially knowing you'll see her again in Heaven!

We also took a cruise in 2001, wasn't Disney, but still fun :)

 
At April 18, 2007 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a music girl too...saxophone & singing alto. My 9th grade year is about equal to your 12th. I really wish I could have slept through the whole thing, but then I guess I wouldn't be the me you see today :)

Thanks so much for sharing. I love these lists!

 
At April 18, 2007 5:49 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What a beautiful list. I hate BEETS!! UGH. I love all of the information in these posts...wow, 12th grade WAS tough for you. I can't imagine. I had mono that year too...though it was in the summer...I was in bed for 6 weeks with it.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

 
At April 18, 2007 7:00 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

I knew most of this about you. I didn't know when you moved and lived in all the different places!!
I'm so glad you live where you do now and that you are my friend!!

 
At April 18, 2007 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Jenna. You sure went through alot during those years. I had strep in 11th grade, too. Wasn't it awful?!

I also had no clue that you were an Air Force wife, like me! Go figure, LOL! :o) I knew I liked you! My first husband is a Marine. I like AF life better. Not so aggresive, LOL!

Loved reading your list. Mine will go up tomorrow.

 
At April 18, 2007 7:59 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Great list Jenna! I enjoyed reading more about you, glad you are in the South. You've travelled to a lot of states, fun!

 
At April 18, 2007 9:32 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Jenna, it was great to learn more about you. I knew we had the death of our moms in common. I'm so sorry about your daughter. I don't think any trials must compare to that one. May the Lord bless you for being a light throughout it all.
Blessings,
Becky

 
At April 18, 2007 10:17 PM, Blogger Joyful Days said...

Happy 100!! It was so nice to get to know you better. Looking forward to the next 100!!

Blessings,

 
At April 18, 2007 10:23 PM, Blogger The Estrogen Files said...

Lactose intolerant and ice cream? Quite the combo there! You're a brave and busy mom with twins. Love the blog!

 
At April 18, 2007 10:32 PM, Blogger Leah Belle said...

Jenna, I was thinking about your list of 100 things today and wanted to tell you about a friend. she has a blog entitled Our House. You can find her link on my sidebar. Be sure to read posts entitled, "Just wanted to share", "Saying Goodbye" and "Take a Peek" to get the whole story. She is a great example of God's grace in a very hard thing. I thought of you because of what you've been through...perhaps you can minister to her.

 
At April 18, 2007 10:52 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Wow...that was fascinating reading about your life, Jenna. My heart just sunk when I read about your losing one of your babies...I'm so sorry.
And also your mother beforehand...
So glad that God has blessed you in so many ways despite these trials.

So nice getting to know you! :)

 
At April 19, 2007 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. Your senior year was horrible. I feel your pain over the loss of your child. I miscarried at 20 weeks with my second. She would have been seven this year. :( I am so excited to learn you are of the Pentecostal faith. I have always been Baptist but since meeting my husband (pentecostal) I have attended many full gospel churches and I ADORE it. I can't believe what I missed out on before!

 
At April 19, 2007 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great list Jenna! You had a rough 12th grade year! I have been home from working since my son was born, and I don't plan to ever go back either! Home is where my heart is! Thanks for sharing this great list.

 
At April 19, 2007 8:39 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Fun to read! Thanks for sharing your life! You've done and seen alot. I think I'm jealous! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    B.'s Grandmother *Updated*
    I've Been Randomized By Carrie!
    Random Thoughts
    Menu Plan Monday!
    My Cards
    My One Celebrity Story
    I Had A Dream and Found Some Candy
    Learning to Crochet
    My Desk
    Menu Plan TUESDAY?

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: