Thursday, April 12, 2007
I Had A Dream and Found Some Candy
I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamed I was walking home from somewhere. I was on a gravel road holding a stick and hitting at pebbles in the road with it. Then, all of the sudden, I was on a major highway outside of New Albany, Mississippi, and walking towards a gas station. I went inside to use the rest room and get a drink of water. While I was in the restroom, someone said, "If you want to see Amy Grant, you'd better hurry and get out here!" So, I hurried along and went out. Amy was standing behind the counter signing autographs for a huge line of kids. She was signing them all: "Amy and Mike" (Isn't she married to Vince Gill?) I was all trying to act nonchalant, like I really didn't care that I was in the same gas station as Amy Grant. I was studying the candy bars, the bubble gum, and glancing at her every so often. Anyhoo, she finished up the autographs and went into the restroom--which now had a beautiful lounge area. I followed her in pretending I needed to go and I struck up a conversation with her. We were sitting on the lovely couches while I was telling her how I loved her songs and how I used to sing "El Shaddai" at church all the time and how an elderly lady once told me she had heard me singing "El Shaddai" on the radio when it was really Amy Grant! This is when it really got a little bizarre---Amy said to me, "There are 29 gods, you know." I said, "Amy, you know better than that. I know you do." She said, "Everyone in Hollywood believes there are 29 gods. I guess I believe that now." I said, "But, Amy, surely you aren't denying your Lord and Savior." She just kind of shrugged and shook her head. I continued to counsel her and finally got her set straight. We exchanged addresses and phone numbers and she agreed to come to dinner at my house the next night. She and "Mike" had a place nearby. As I walked out of the restroom, Coach J and Mandalyn were out there waiting for me--(where did they come from?--I'm sure I was walking alone.) We started our 80 something mile trek for home--WALKING. And that's where my dream ended. Do you know how long it would take to walk 80 miles? And we're not the kind of girls to hitchhike! And I really hate that I had to miss having dinner at my own house with Amy Grant and "Mike" because I was still WALKING home! I am glad, however, that I did get her spiritual problems straightened out--that was most important! ( I, of course, have no idea the state of Amy's spiritual affairs--I'm guessin' she doesn't really believe there are 29 true gods.) Very strange--and I almost never remember my dreams. In other randomness, I found these yesterday: Dark chocolate covered Altoids! Wow, they are very good! Kind of like a peppermint patty-- You just might want to pick up a tin when you are PATIENTLY waiting in line at Wally World. I have only tried the chocolate covered peppermint flavor, but I am guessing that they are all good. You might want to give 'em a try!

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 10:28 AM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At April 12, 2007 11:12 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Wow- that's amazing that you can remember so much detail! And that's funny about dreaming about moving back to North Dakota- I know you secretly desire this. It's time to admit it! HA HA!!

 
At April 12, 2007 11:24 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Halarious! What did you eat before going to bed?

I posted about a potty dream a few weeks ago you might appreciate...(you can find it in my archives- "I'm dreaming of a white potty."

That Amy...glad you set her straight!

 
At April 12, 2007 11:55 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Thats hilarious!!! I am rolling!!! (And you know how I feel about dreams) I'd hate to miss dinner with Amy and "Mike" too. At least your evangelism skills are sharp!
And those altoids look great! When I see them, I'll think of you. And then I'll buy some to try.

 
At April 12, 2007 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny! I guess you would be ready for more more sleeping and dreaming if you walked 80 miles! Maybe you'll meet someone else famous in your next dream!

 
At April 12, 2007 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFL! Great dream! I just love Amy Grant, so you get extra cool points there, LOL!! You're right, who the heck is Mike? Her first husband was Gary and then came Vince. So glad you set her straight!

Speaking of mints ~ York has new ones out, too. They're in a round tin ~ pretty darn good!

Oh, and My desk is now up for inspection, LOL!

 
At April 12, 2007 3:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Now that is a strange dream! I never rememmber mine, only bits and pieces that don't make any sense!

 
At April 12, 2007 3:40 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Great dream Jenna!
I used to love Amy's songs. I can still remember all the words to "♪thy word is a lamp unto my feet...♪"
I've been running like a mad woman today! I told Amanda I missed blogging and got the major eye roll.
♥ Annie

 
At April 12, 2007 6:20 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

You had to have eaten something weird before going to bed--lactose, msg?? :) Just kidding! I hope I got to meet Amy in your dream!

I'm going to look for the altoids. Chocolate covered anything is my kind of food/mint!

 
At April 12, 2007 8:45 PM, Blogger Karen Hossink said...

Agreed. That was a strange dream! And it makes me jealous that you remember it so well. Usually I wake up and think something like, "I think I was just having a cool dream. Why can't I remember any of it? I'm sure it was fun. Ugh. I wish I could remember..."
And it's like someone is keeping a secret from me.
So, what DO you eat before you go to bed? Maybe I should try that!?

 
At April 12, 2007 8:59 PM, Blogger Robin Green said...

Y'all--I promise I ate nothing weird!

 
At April 13, 2007 5:51 AM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

That is so funny!
My husband just met Amy when she got her Hollywood Walk of Fame award. Her accountant and best friend is a family friend of his so he tagged along. He said she is the sweetest thing and VERY Christian! LOL!

 
At April 13, 2007 9:25 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Chocolate covered altoids....hmmmm.....sounds like a tummy ache waiting to happen! LOL! I may have to try them when I gather up the nerve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Learning to Crochet
    My Desk
    Menu Plan TUESDAY?
    All Right, I'm Back/Home-school PE
    A Little Teeny-Tiny Bloggy Break
    Weekend Reflection
    The Concert Calls and Happy Easter to You!
    Friday's Feast
    Duly Chastised
    Thank You, Thank You Very Much!

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: