Tuesday, April 17, 2007
I've got nothin' today y'all. So, here's some of the things floating through my head this morning:
- I am so saddened by the shooting yesterday at Virg. Tech. It is all so senseless and I hate that there is no safe place to be. Part of why I continued to home-school was because of a fear of school shootings--I felt my kids would be safer at home. Now, college is even a safety issue. I guess we could homeschool for college! May the Lord be with all the affected families at Virg. Tech today.
- I am also sad because of Heather's diagnosis. That sweet family has already been through so much. They are in my thoughts and prayers every day. She is doing such a wonderful job of keeping everyone updated. I hate that she has had some bad comments and had to turn on her moderation. Some people...
- I am jumping up and down with joy that we have a two week study break from Junior Bible Quiz! We will begin studying again on April 30th to prepare for our National tournament the beginning of June. We will be heading to Wisconsin for that one.
- Our trip to Gatlinburg is coming up soon and I haven't even planned our itinerary. We have been there several times and have done just about everything. We will definitely go biking in Cade's Cove and we will probably go to Dollywood this year. If anyone has any suggestions of things you have to do or places you have to eat while there, please let me know. We have really done most things there, but I am hoping someone will suggest something we haven't done.
- Any ideas on what a 16 year old girl might like for her birthday. I have to go shopping in a day or two and don't have a clue what we will get her yet. My oldest may have some ideas, but I haven't asked her yet.
- God has been so good to me this week. He has been a very real Presence for me and is teaching me everyday to rest in Him and to not get so stressed over everyday things. Don't sweat the small stuff, right?
Hope everyone has a great day.
Labels: Just Me