Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Random Thoughts
I've got nothin' today y'all. So, here's some of the things floating through my head this morning:
  1. I am so saddened by the shooting yesterday at Virg. Tech. It is all so senseless and I hate that there is no safe place to be. Part of why I continued to home-school was because of a fear of school shootings--I felt my kids would be safer at home. Now, college is even a safety issue. I guess we could homeschool for college! May the Lord be with all the affected families at Virg. Tech today.
  2. I am also sad because of Heather's diagnosis. That sweet family has already been through so much. They are in my thoughts and prayers every day. She is doing such a wonderful job of keeping everyone updated. I hate that she has had some bad comments and had to turn on her moderation. Some people...
  3. I am jumping up and down with joy that we have a two week study break from Junior Bible Quiz! We will begin studying again on April 30th to prepare for our National tournament the beginning of June. We will be heading to Wisconsin for that one.
  4. Our trip to Gatlinburg is coming up soon and I haven't even planned our itinerary. We have been there several times and have done just about everything. We will definitely go biking in Cade's Cove and we will probably go to Dollywood this year. If anyone has any suggestions of things you have to do or places you have to eat while there, please let me know. We have really done most things there, but I am hoping someone will suggest something we haven't done.
  5. Any ideas on what a 16 year old girl might like for her birthday. I have to go shopping in a day or two and don't have a clue what we will get her yet. My oldest may have some ideas, but I haven't asked her yet.
  6. God has been so good to me this week. He has been a very real Presence for me and is teaching me everyday to rest in Him and to not get so stressed over everyday things. Don't sweat the small stuff, right?

Hope everyone has a great day.

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 11:32 AM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At April 17, 2007 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet she would like a car! Oh no, that was me when I was sixteen! However, I didn't get one. Alas, I guess my parents knew best. :)

 
At April 17, 2007 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart is very heavy for the Va Tech community. I was born and raised in Virginia and have old friends that went there. I know so many are feeling saddened by this. Just not safe anywhere these days. So very sad!

 
At April 17, 2007 1:11 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

I share your lament for Virginia Tech. My heart has been heavy since last night for them. It is such a grim reminder that this is a fallen world. I had trouble blogging today as well.

 
At April 17, 2007 3:14 PM, Blogger Nan said...

Have fun in Gatlinburg! We have been there just once but it was quite memorable as it was a family vacation that started off with a bang: 9/11. :^( It was not the best vacation obviously. All I can think of when I think of Gatlinburg is how desolate and empty everything was and how sad everyone looked the whole time we were there.

 
At April 17, 2007 3:30 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

We are so saddened to hear about the tragedy with the school shooting...I hate that no matter where you live this kind of thing can happen...even in small town Saskatchewan....praying for protection over my kids each days seems more important than ever.

 
At April 17, 2007 4:06 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Yes, I like the car idea, myself. Can you pull that off? Ok, maybe some gas money for the car? Ok, maybe a purse for the gas money for the car? This could go on and on and on......
I'm happy for the JBQ break FOR YOU! Been there, my friend, you know!
Nothing new for Gatlinburg from me. We like the pancake house at the instersection of the main street going through Gat. and the street that goes by the "needle thingy" that reminds me of Seattle. I know you'll go right to it with those directions! :)

 
At April 17, 2007 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birthday gift for a 16-year old? I'm a tech guy. So I'd say an iPod with video, if she still hasn't have one.

If she has one, tons of Apple cards.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At April 17, 2007 6:30 PM, Blogger Robin Green said...

OOoh, I don't think I will be spending enough for an iPod video--and certainly, I'm not buying a car. She does already have an iPod, so maybe an iPod gift card and something to go with that!

 
At April 17, 2007 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

16 year olds - they like $$. :) But, I like the earlier suggestion of an Apple card if she already has an iPod. So easy to get the music that she wants.

My heart is breaking right with your over Heather & VaTech.

You might want to visit Shawna @ Scamp's Place for some Gatlinburg tips. They visit there too :) (Of course, I used to live 1 1/2 hours from there and I can't tell you anything about it!)

 
At April 18, 2007 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must come visit with me while you are in Gatlinburg! Have you been to the aquarium? It is fun. I will have to think of some other things and I can email you. :) As for the 16 year old.....let me know what you decide because my step daughter turns 16 in May and we need a gift idea! She has an iPod too.

 
At April 18, 2007 8:57 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I agree with the others on an iTunes gift card. I think at that age, money or gift cards are good ideas, then they can just go get what they want. I think at that age, I just asked for money, so I could put it with money I was earning (worked at a restaurant) and get more "stuff" or clothes.

Send me any tips you get on Gatlinburg, we're going late next month with my husband's entire family! :)

Have a wonderful week Jenna :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Menu Plan Monday!
    My Cards
    My One Celebrity Story
    I Had A Dream and Found Some Candy
    Learning to Crochet
    My Desk
    Menu Plan TUESDAY?
    All Right, I'm Back/Home-school PE
    A Little Teeny-Tiny Bloggy Break
    Weekend Reflection

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: