Thursday, April 19, 2007
The Wedding Meme Tag from Annie!
  1. Where/How did you meet? We met the first day of our sophomore year in college. We were commuters that year and were hanging out with some other commuters on the third floor of the Student Union at Southeast Missouri State University.
  2. How long have you known each other? In August, it will be 20 years.
  3. How long after you met did you start dating? About 2 months. I was the one to ask him out, by the way!
  4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 1 year
  5. How long was your engagement? From October to July--that's 9 months.
  6. How long have you been married? We will celebrate 18 years on July 1st.
  7. What is your anniversary? See #6
  8. How many people came to your wedding reception? Around 150
  9. What kind of cake did you serve? It was a pretty white cake with pink roses.
  10. Where was your wedding? First General Baptist Church in Advance, Missouri. My uncle was pastor there and that is where I was attending at the time. My husband's father actually performed the ceremony. He is an Assembly of God minister.
  11. What did you serve for your meal? We did not have a meal--just cake, nuts, mints, and punch.
  12. How many people were in your wedding party? I had to look at pictures to see--I honestly didn't remember--5 Bridesmaids/Groomsmen, 1 candle lighter, a ring-bearer and a flower girl.
  13. Are you still friends with them all? All the women were family except for one of them. I am in contact with everyone except I haven't seen or spoken with one of my cousins in 3 years and I haven't seen or spoken to the one that wasn't related to me in 10 years. The guys were mostly Air Force cadets--we are still in touch with 2 of them--but not very often.
  14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No.
  15. Most special moment of your wedding day? B sang to me.
  16. Any funny moments? Not really, I did tell my dad before hand that, "I don't want to do this." He said, "Oh, yes you do--come on." And B did have fun smearing cake in my face.
  17. Any big disasters? Not really, I didn't hire a very good photographer though, and it poured rain after the reception.
  18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We went to Nashville, TN--I don't remember for how long--a few days.
  19. How long were you gone? See no. 18.
  20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I would have a small wedding, with a fitted dress, and with a much better photographer. I would also take a longer honeymoon.
  21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? Left side
  22. What size is your bed? King size.
  23. Greatest strength as a couple? Honesty--we don't keep secrets--except the holiday kind.
  24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Dealing with the things that come up because we don't keep secrets!!
  25. Who literally pays the bills? Me.
  26. What is your song? We don't have one--but I do tear up when I hear Endless Love because it was sung at our wedding.
  27. What did you dance your first dance to? We didn't have a dance at our wedding, but our first dance, as a couple, was to "Lady in Red". That's a story in and of itself. We don't dance anymore.
  28. Describe your wedding dress. It was white, full in the skirt, fitted and beaded in the bodice.
  29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? They were white and started with a 'C'--I really don't remember, but they were very pretty. Maybe they were camelias.
  30. Are your wedding bands engraved? Nope, never occurred to us.
  31. How old were you when you got married? 2 months shy of 21--and I would do it again--in a heartbeat.

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 6:07 PM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At April 19, 2007 6:10 PM, Blogger The Estrogen Files said...

Lovely. Next to having children, my wedding is my #1 memory. It's nice to live vicariously, too.

 
At April 19, 2007 7:10 PM, Blogger Annie said...

What a sweet couple you two are.
Did you notice we were married within two weeks of each other?
That is funny (what your dad said)...
It was hard for me to think of a weakness... I mean we have our pet fights from time to time but it is usually just because I am always right... no particular subject, just the same outcome. :o)
Thanks for playing, loved reading it!

 
At April 19, 2007 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved reading this! Very sweet!

 
At April 19, 2007 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun!

 
At April 19, 2007 11:06 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

That was fun to read, Jenna!
I am dying to know the "Lady in Red" story now!!!

 
At April 20, 2007 7:25 AM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

I'm not surprised he smeared cake on your face!:) Enjoyed reading your answers!!

 
At April 20, 2007 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved reading these answers! Too bad you didn't have a good photographer to get a great picture of the cake smeared in your face! :)

 
At April 20, 2007 11:32 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

I enjoyed reading it! And good job on asking him out!

 
At April 20, 2007 1:42 PM, Blogger Leah Belle said...

Thanks for sharing. That was fun to read. My hubby smeared cake on my face, too. There's a great picture of my response, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    You Know You're A Homeschooler When...
    100 Things About Me or My Life In A Nutshell
    B.'s Grandmother *Updated*
    I've Been Randomized By Carrie!
    Random Thoughts
    Menu Plan Monday!
    My Cards
    My One Celebrity Story
    I Had A Dream and Found Some Candy
    Learning to Crochet

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: