Friday, July 6, 2007
The Weekend
Well, the weekend is approaching quickly, and I'm alone. B. had the wonderful opportunity to take his plane to an airshow in our "hometown"for the weekend. He was able to have lunch with his sister today, and he will see more family tonight and tomorrow--while he shows off his T-6.

(This is the plane B. flies--the T-6. He has only been flying this particular kind of plane for a year now.)

He will be home sometime Sunday afternoon--just in time for Life Groups at our house. The twins were invited to go bowling today with my mentor and her grandchildren from Florida. They aren't back yet, but should be shortly. K. and I cleaned all the floors in the house, and then went to buy her (red) basketball shoes and get some ice cream from Sonic! She thinks she's something in those shoes--I can tell! She is beyond excited to be playing basketball at her new school this next year. I have big plans to finish cleaning my house, make some good comfort food--chicken spaghetti, baked squash, and fresh sliced tomatoes for supper, and then I want to sit and watch as many "Christy" episodes as I can before a John Wayne movie comes on this evening on Hallmark--(or maybe I was mistaken--it's James Arnez instead--That will still be good). I'm livin' the life, I'm tellin' ya! If my hubby were here, everything would be perfect. Well, actually, if I had a personal maid, chef, and hair stylist, etc.--everything would be perfect. But, you know what I mean... Have a great weekend y'all.

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 4:02 PM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At July 06, 2007 5:56 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

It sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Nice and relaxing!

Years ago (probably about 15 or so) I used to go to a lot of Cathedral concerts when Ernie Haase was in that group. We went so often that they all knew us by name. They are some really great guys, so down to earth, and very sweet. I haven't seen Ernie in years and I wonder if he would remember me! I may go see them this fall when they are in our area with the Gaithers (we also love them!)

Anyways, it's nice to find a fellow Southern Gospel fan! And just because you're a fan and I like your blog, I'm adding you to my blogroll!

 
At July 06, 2007 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does B. ever fly into Edwards AFB, CA?

Enjoy your Christy marathon!

 
At July 06, 2007 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan! Uh...still anxious to see the new look. :P

 
At July 06, 2007 9:16 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Red b'ball shoes, huh?? How exciting!! ;) Hopefully, Mandalyn will be able to come see her play in those red shoes!! Enjoy your weekend. DH is working, too, but I'm excited to be "alone" so I can read something and study Nehemiah for Sunday pm. His parents are grilling out for us tomorrow night, so no cookin' for me! Yee-haw! See ya Sunday am!

 
At July 06, 2007 10:01 PM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Enjoy your relaxing weekend. It sounds great!!

 
At July 07, 2007 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well sounds like you have a full weekend, despite hubby being gone. Can you post the recipe for that chicken spaghetti? :)

God bless :)

 
At July 07, 2007 2:58 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

My hubby is gone this weekend too...just for one night. He left for a triathalon that's in a town a couple hours away. Enjoy your weekend!

 
At July 07, 2007 10:12 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 08, 2007 12:43 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Enjoy all the Christy episodes you can squeeze in! Sounds wonderful! I think I'll curl up with a good book and maybe pop Pride & Prejudice in....for the 100th time! LOL! Have a good weekend!

 
At July 09, 2007 10:02 AM, Blogger Sherri said...

Wow....awesome plane!!!
Your evening sounds wonderful...I hope it was relaxing. Well, relaxing after the dinner was cooked and dishes done. "sigh"

 
At July 09, 2007 10:37 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Wow, look at that plane!
Hope y'all had a good weekend Jenna.

 
At July 09, 2007 10:40 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Just stopped by to say hi and see what was for dinner :o).
Hi! What's for dinner?

Have a great day!

♥ ya!
Annie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    A Career Meme
    We TIRL-ed
    Happy 4th of July To You
    A Couple of Sweet Awards
    Happy Anniversary
    My Son and The Snake I Killed--Quite on Accident
    Son Update
    Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
    Bronchitis
    A Request-UPDATED-UPDATED AGAIN AT END

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: