Thursday, June 28, 2007
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Can I just say that going out with Coach Jenny and Mandalyn was just what the doctor ordered. I had a wonderful time. I think we all did. I told Jenny that I felt like I talked everyone's ears off--and that's really something for me! We started the evening with everyone meeting at my house. Coach Jenny brought us lovely "happies"--which Mandalyn is going to share (I think), and then she asked my wonderful --and somewhat predictable hubby-- to take a picture of the three of us. He graciously agreed. This is what we saw when we looked at it:
Yes, that would be my chest--what there is of it anyway. Stinker. We finally got him to control himself--kidding-- and he took the following picture. Let me just say that I have only seen a picture of myself that I liked maybe one or two times in my life. When I look at this picture, I see two lovely ladies in black and a big white arm. Really. Also, when I enlarged the picture, I noticed I'm the only one with little crinkly wrinkles around my eyes. That's wrong, people--plain wrong. Don't even think about enlarging this picture either--I know you were. In my defense I am 5 years older than Coach J and a full decade older than Mandalyn. That is a good excuse for the wrinkles, right? Right?
We left from my house to drive to Ruby Tuesdays--Mandalyn was our driver for the evening--where we had a most interesting waiter--one of the other girls can share that--he was too much for me. He was too much for all of us, so after wonderful salads and stuff, we headed over to Cold Stone Creamery-YUM, with a capital Y-U-M. We sat and talked for hours--quite literally. It was so nice. I really love these girls. We got home at 1130ish--can't remember when I stayed out that late with friends. I sure hope we are going to do this again very soon. Loved it. PS. I also wanted to add that I also got to have lunch with two other "non-bloggy" friends on Monday--so nice to get together with four of my best real life friends in one day--and get out of cooking anything whatsoever! You guys are the greatest.

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 8:37 AM  
  17 comments



17 Comments:
At June 28, 2007 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're not wrinkles! They're laugh lines - a sign of a happy life :) That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Glad you had a good time, "girl time" is the best!

God bless :)

 
At June 28, 2007 10:01 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

I think you guys all look great! I didn't even notice that big white arm! LOL! You're too funny! Y'all should drive down to East TN and pick me up next time! I'd love to hang out until 11:30ish with some girl buddies~

 
At June 28, 2007 10:55 AM, Blogger kittyhox said...

That is so funny. To be honest, it sounds exactly like something my husband would do. :)

I think it's a lovely photo of all three of you and your arm looks perfect. We are definitely our worst critics. I do that, too. (i.e., "Why is one of my eyes so much higher than the other?") I think it's pretty universal, among women.

:)

 
At June 28, 2007 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men, LOL! I tell ya, they have minds all of their own! As for the real picture, *pinch* ... are you awake?! LOL! You are beautiful! Stop being so hard on yourself, young lady! :o) Glad y'all had so much fun!

 
At June 28, 2007 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun! I did this recently with my girlfriends and got so refreshed I couldn't wait to get home to be wife and mom again. Funny how that works out!

PS-Nothing wrong with laugh lines! :)

 
At June 28, 2007 1:09 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Who would have thought to ENLARGE the pic in the first place?? oh, yea, YOU! :) I keep telling you that you're beautiful; when are you gonna believe me??
I have a hair appt next Thursday, and I'm taking care of that 'do. I think I'm tired of it, YUCK!!
As for talking too much, you didn't at all! It was so nice to hear all your opinions and not have to pull teeth to get them :) Not that I pull YOUR teeth, but ya know....

 
At June 28, 2007 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had to laugh at that first picture! I think you all look great, and I am so glad you had your night out!

 
At June 28, 2007 2:41 PM, Blogger Carina said...

Too funny, Jenna! Men are all alike. =)

Glad you had such a great time.

 
At June 28, 2007 4:58 PM, Blogger Annie said...

B must be related to Matt :o)...
I could now say men are all the same, but then it would look like a male bashing comment and I just don't bash... but you know...
You know how jealous I am. I thought for a moment of imposing my (tall) self in your picture in the back, but it still wouldn't be the same :(
Glad you girls had a good time, you all deserve it!

 
At June 28, 2007 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! And that's a great picture of all of you!!

 
At June 28, 2007 7:07 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Cute picture! Your hubby is too funny. : )

I'll be praying for A. Glad he slept so well. I had pneumonia for 3 months once and I know what it's like to do all that coughing and be on all kinds of meds. : (
No fun! Bless his heart!

Oh, and thank you for the heads up on the TBQ c.d. I'll ask about that. He liked that idea.

 
At June 28, 2007 7:08 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Cute picture! Your hubby is too funny. : )

I'll be praying for A. Glad he slept so well. I had pneumonia for 3 months once and I know what it's like to do all that coughing and be on all kinds of meds. : (
No fun! Bless his heart!

Oh, and thank you for the heads up on the TBQ c.d. I'll ask about that. He liked that idea.

 
At June 28, 2007 7:12 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

I will posting a picture of the "happy" Jenny gave us later tonight! My hubby and I are off to see a movie!

 
At June 28, 2007 9:02 PM, Blogger The Estrogen Files said...

That's not a big white arm, girl - that's HEALTHY SUMMER SKIN!! Why are they wearing black when it's oh so hot here? (just kidding)!

Silly DH on your photo. Ya know he luvs you. And don't get down on yourself - you're beautiful! What a smile. Can I borrow it?

 
At June 28, 2007 9:32 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

oh my goodness your husband is funny with that picture!

I don't know what you're talking about but I think that's a very nice picture of you! Nothing wrong with it all! And I never would have guessed you were a decade older! You sure don't look it!

 
At June 30, 2007 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very lovely. Don't be so hard on yourself! You are like me. I hate, I mean absolutely ABHOR my pictures. Yuck. You three are cute and you look like you hada great time.

 
At July 01, 2007 3:53 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Y'all look great in that picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Bronchitis
    A Request-UPDATED-UPDATED AGAIN AT END
    Menu Plan Monday
    Menu Plan Monday
    Computer Woes---AGAIN
    Waaaah! Pardon my Whine.
    So Glad To Be Home
    Menu Plan Monday
    Zoo and Graceland
    Car Conversations

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: