Friday, June 1, 2007
Zoo and Graceland
A few pictures from our trip to Memphis last week. We had a great time at the zoo--other than when my sister's tooth fell out of her mouth, and she felt like a complete hillbilly hick all day long--or as we like to say--Ozark American. She has two adult teeth that never formed so she had to have a bridge made as a teenager. One of them fell out when she bit into a sandwich. She was determined not to let it ruin her day--but it was so funny. She kept saying, "I'm so glad B. isn't here." He would have had a lot of fun with that. I have a toothless picture of her, but I won't print it. She would die--she consented to having a picture made so that B. could see. I have to say that you couldn't see it when she was just talking. She had to hide her mouth every time she smiled or laughed though. I'm proud of her for not letting it totally ruin her day--even when she remembered that she had church the next day and that Monday was Memorial Day. She had to wait until Tuesday to get it fixed. (She's a pastor's wife, by the way, and really didn't even want to go to church. She did, though--and hid it well.) Anyway--on to other things--- We have a tradition of taking a picture of our 7 children at two locations at the zoo. We've done it several years, and it's fun to see how they've grown. They used to all fit on that cow--no more. I have to laugh at the picture of them with the gorilla statue. My nephew--sitting in the middle--was so sad when we took that picture. He hates it, to the point of tears, when it is time for us to end our visits together. This is not the first picture where Caleb looks so sad in front of the gorilla. We need to start taking that picture at the beginning of the visit! K. took a ton of pictures at Graceland. We couldn't use a flash indoors though, so I thought most of the pictures were a little too dark to post. I did post the one of his jumpsuits--believe me when I say that is only a very small portion of them. The thing that really struck me was that he sure had a lot of stuff--and it all meant nothing in the end. Oh, and don't you feel sorry for the poor elephant in the picture--He looks so sad. I think he got wind of what my husband and other family members are up to in Africa. Poor, poor thing. Speaking of Africa, B. will be home tomorrow, and I can hardly wait. Have a wonderful weekend.

post signature

Labels: ,


  posted at 10:35 AM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At June 01, 2007 11:28 AM, Blogger kittyhox said...

That's such a good idea - to take photos of kids in the same place over the years, to capture their changes.

Cute pictures! It all sounds like such fun. Well, except for losing a tooth, of course. Poor thing.

:)

 
At June 01, 2007 11:50 AM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

The pictures are great! I'm glad you had such a great time with your family!

 
At June 01, 2007 12:17 PM, Blogger Joyful Days said...

I love going to the zoo with my sister and her children. We do the repeat photos each year and it is just unbelievable how children grow.

That is neat your sister made the best of it. I don't know that I would be so grown-up.

Wonderful pictures.

 
At June 01, 2007 12:53 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great pictures, love them! So glad you guys all had fun :)

 
At June 01, 2007 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute pictures! I love that you take the same one at different years. Makes it neat to look back on.

LOL @ your sister's tooth! Poor thing! Sounds like she handled it way better than I would have.

You enjoy your time with B. when he gets back!

 
At June 01, 2007 2:52 PM, Blogger Marcia Francois said...

Gorgeous pictures - your kids are all so cute.

Have fun with B tomorrow!

 
At June 01, 2007 3:26 PM, Blogger Annie said...

What great pics Jenna!
I feel sad for that elephant. He does look so sad. I remember when Amanda was young we went to the circus and they were giving elephant rides (for $$) and she was in line and noticed the elephant had a tear running down it's cheek so she decided not to take a ride because she felt so sorry for that elephant.
I'm glad to hear your trip was fun, your poor sister! Those things are so annoying when you just want to have fun.

 
At June 01, 2007 3:57 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! Cute pictures!

 
At June 01, 2007 4:39 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Cute, cute pictures!!! Your sister is quite a trooper not to let that missing tooth bother her.
Ozark Americans is a cute term! : )

 
At June 01, 2007 9:16 PM, Blogger Leah Belle said...

Looks like fun was had by all! Our family loves the zoo too.

 
At June 02, 2007 9:41 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Looks like such a fun trip!

 
At June 02, 2007 7:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I love your idea to take the same pictures every year. That's great! And Ozark Americans?? HIL-larious!!

 
At June 05, 2007 9:22 PM, Blogger CG said...

So that's what our zoo looks like..LOL! I never go. Hope that y'all had fun while you were here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Car Conversations
    Ancestry
    Menu Plan Monday and Weekend Reflection Combo
    Where Do You Eat Out? Meme
    7 Random Things--Again
    Menu Plan Tuesday
    A Stranger In My House--UPDATED AT END
    Family Favorite Recipes
    I Got Bit
    My Southern Belle--and The See-Saw

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: