Thursday, May 17, 2007
I Got Bit
My computer had to go to the hospital yesterday, and I have been forced to use the laptop. I am not a big fan--I know everyone else seems to like them. I just don't. Perhaps it's because my hubby bought the biggest one he could find--huge--like a big screen television or something--Not the lightest or easiest to tote around. I may like this thing better, though, when I can move it to different locations--I'll build up some muscle tone too.You see, we don't have wi-fi yet, so the laptop must sit on the desk. We did manage to hook it up to Internet--which I am thankful for. Woo Hoo--I didn't have to go three days without my beloved bloggy friends! (We are hoping to get the wi-fi set up very soon--maybe tomorrow. We shall see.) Now to the reason for this post: I got bit by the organizing bug this week. I went all crazy and tackled several different things. First, I went through my closet and cleaned out three trash bags full of clothes--my clothes only. I could have filled three bags with hubby's clothes too, if I had had permission. I was relentless in my pursuit of unworn clothing. You see, back in February, I took some advice from Laura, and hung all our hangers backwards on the rod. After something was worn--and cleaned, of course, we hung it back up with the hanger turned the right way. My plan was to get rid of everything that hadn't been turned back around by the next February. I couldn't wait. I got rid of every single sweater on my shelf that I didn't wear this past winter--jeans and other pants too. That hurt. What's with my emotional attachment to clothes anyway? You should see all the space I have, though! So worth it. No, I'm not taking pictures--I don't have any before pictures--so it wouldn't be very dramatic anyway. And I know I should have done this for a Tackle It Tuesday, but that would have required me to remember. Anyhoo, I also bought some new hanging shoe bags and got rid of the broken shoe racks on the floor. All my "church" shoes are now hanging--along with the other shoes I don't wear as often--on the rod. My most worn shoes are on the floor. This must have made a huge change in our closet, because B. actually noticed. And that is something. And that's not all I did, my friends. There's more. I also completely cleaned out my home school cabinet. Another trash bag or two filled with trash, and two huge boxes of books to sell. I just need to find someone who wants 4th and 9th grade Bob Jones books. Let me know if you are interested or know of someone who might be. I will sell them cheap--dirt cheap. If that wasn't enough, I went through all my jewelry--threw away the broken stuff, gave away (to my youngest daughter) the stuff I haven't worn in years, and organized everything. I have to say that I found some things I had forgotten about. Fun! And now I'm off to find something else to organize--hope this bug bite wears off soon!

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 9:41 AM  
  19 comments



19 Comments:
At May 17, 2007 11:37 AM, Blogger Amberly said...

Well, when you're finished at your house, you can come on over to mine! I didn't exactly finish what I set out to do last week and my closet is still a disaster. But maybe reading about your closet will inspire me!

 
At May 17, 2007 12:54 PM, Blogger Nan said...

I'm sorry about your computer. I know how that is. Mine has been in the hospital a few times this year!

And I've gotten bit by the same bug this week. I've cleared out and cleaned up the kids' rooms and am working towards organizing stuff for a garage sale... just working up the nerve to tackle the basement (UGH!)

Just wanted to let you know that I have a giveaway/silly contest over at my blog today and I need people to play so I can give these Netflix codes away! LOL! (maybe everyone already has Netflix?!) hee hee! Just thought I'd pass the word along.

 
At May 17, 2007 1:27 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Hey, can I look at the 9th grade BJ math stuff? I might want it, and are you willing to sell just that?

 
At May 17, 2007 1:28 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh, congrats on cleaning out your closet. I so wish I wore your size (for more than one reason but..) so I could come over and get all your nice throw aways! :)

 
At May 17, 2007 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of big computer screens, too.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At May 17, 2007 1:44 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Woohoo! I love it, just love it! You are on fire!! Oh I live for that "high" I tell you but I've also realized that it feels pretty good too just reading about others organizing adventures!
Thanks for sharing and giving me a "fix". he he
Laura

 
At May 17, 2007 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa Nelly! That's awesome! I always feel so good after getting rid of lots of stuff.

As for laptops, I'm sooooooo with ya! I can't stand them. David has one and the girls have one. I, however, will stick to mine! David must be like your husband. His is huge, heavy, and just not very movable! Hope your's *feels* better soon! :o)

 
At May 17, 2007 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Laura! Thanks for the "fix". I've always got the bug, just don't always have the time. So glad somebody's doin' some organizin' somewhere's, cause it ain't happenin' round here! :)

 
At May 17, 2007 2:40 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Jenna,
You can come to my house to organize!! =) I love organizing, but don't get much time to do it now. Glad to know that one day, my twins will be outside making their own see-saw (how cool!) and I can stay in and clean!!

 
At May 17, 2007 2:47 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Girl, you are making me want to organize! I know that the first thing on my agenda when school is out is to help Emelia completely gut and reorganize her dungeon/room.
Fun stuff, I do love to throw things away!

 
At May 17, 2007 9:07 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

What has gotten into you, girl? I'm so impressed!

 
At May 17, 2007 9:58 PM, Blogger Leah Belle said...

wooo hooo! Good work. I'm not far behind you. School ends next week and I've already started my list of projects I want to accomplish this summer!

 
At May 17, 2007 10:36 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I love to organize. I haven't done any this week, but next week I plan to tear our closet apart!

I'm sorry about your computer. I set up our wireless network a few months ago. It was actually very easy to do. I bought the Network Magic software at the office store. It also allows me to encrypt the network so that no one can use our access. (When I turn on my laptop, I can choose from several of my neighbors' wireless access--scary how easy you can jump onto others' computers). The program also allows file-sharing between any computers in your home, so if I am using the laptop and want to add a picture to my blog from the pc, I can.

 
At May 17, 2007 10:43 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Oh good for you! And yeah, you can scoot right over to my place when you're done! I have an emotional attachment to clothes too, as well as plenty of other things but have been trying lately to let go of more. I have to do it in bits & pieces instead of one big day of it like you did.

 
At May 18, 2007 8:16 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow! Gosh, you really tackled it all! I've got to do the same thing with my closet soon.
Sorry to hear about your computer - that stinks. Hope you get it all worked out.

 
At May 18, 2007 11:01 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Something about finishing school makes me want to organize too. Sounds fun! You did a great job. I love that hanger idea.

 
At May 19, 2007 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am worn out just reading about it. I have those fits sometimes. Usually mine come at like 11:00 pm and I stay up until I am done. It's a sickness with me!

 
At May 19, 2007 8:08 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ick on the computer, and I hope you get your Wi-fi setup soon. I love my laptop because I can move around with it and even sit out on the deck when it's nice. I think you'll like the laptop a lot better then!

Oh, and when you get tired of cleaning and organizing, you can come on down here and I will be glad to put you to work, LOL!

 
At May 20, 2007 5:01 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Oh man, now I have to clean out my homeschool stuff! You've motivated me but I have an attachment problem! LOL! There are some really good materials that I just want to hang onto in case we are able to conceive and have more children! I know, that could be a long time but I just can't bring myself to get rid of some of this stuff. I need to do as you did and just get rid of things that haven't been touched for a year. As for the homeschooling material, it'll probably be outdated BAD by the time I have another baby and he or she is old enough to use it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    My Southern Belle--and The See-Saw
    The Results Are In
    Happy Birthday
    What shall we eat this week? I have a bit of a p...
    Momma
    Mom's Day
    Out of Africa
    An Unexpected Trip
    May Day Challenge
    Break a Leg

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: