Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Where Do You Eat Out? Meme
Well, B. left this morning--dark and early--330 AM. He called at 430 pm Central and was getting ready to take off for South Africa. The flight is 15 hours long--so I am assuming he will be there around 730 AM central--what a very long flight. I hate that I won't be able to speak with him for 10 days. That is a very long time! Hopefully, he will have some access to email--that would be great. Anyway, the kids and I are headed out the door early in the morning to spend a couple days in Memphis--we are excited and ready to go! Graceland and the Zoo--with a side trip to the mall and a day at the in-laws. It will be a nice diversion and will pass the time in a fun way until Daddy gets home. Before I leave, though, I wanted to get this Meme out that Annie tagged me for simply ages ago! Where do you eat out? Here are the rules:
  1. Link to name of person that tagged you.
  2. Include state and country you live in.
  3. List top five favorite local restaurants.
  4. Tag 5 other people and let them know they've been tagged.

OK--we live in a small town--Mississippi in the United States--so I am not going to list local places--I am also going to list all time favorites from other locations we have lived--I hope you don't mind. I'm such a rebel--like someone else I know!!

  1. Lambert's in Sikeston, Missouri--Home of the Throwed Rolls. If you ever get a chance to go here, you should really take it. Yum. Good home cooking--and something called "Norm's Pass-Arounds" that come free of charge and are brought around to the tables and they will dip you some if you want--these include things like fried okra, macaroni with tomatoes, fried potatoes and onions, etc. They also have locations in Ozark, Missouri and Foley, Alabama. The atmosphere here can't be compared. A blast.
  2. Tomato Street in Spokane, Washington--I have dreamed of going back here since we left Spokane 7 years ago--it's the first place I would head if we ever get to go back for a visit. This is a wonderful Italian restaurant with the best Baked Spaghetti. I also learned what Spumoni was here! Delightful! Oh, and I almost forgot about the Strawberry Lemonade--to die for.
  3. Ruby Tuesdays--I love, love, love the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday. Supposedly, our town is going to get one of these--it's been the rumor for a good year now. Oh, how I wish this would happen. The closest to us right now is over a half hour away. This makes me sad. No MSG here, which makes it a fave for hubby.
  4. Jason's Deli--Nothing beats this place--great deli sandwiches and a salad bar that closely rivals Ruby Tuesday. They have a lot of organic foods here. Plus, everyone gets free ice cream. We have to travel over an hour to get to one of these. Also no MSG--big points for this family.
  5. Cracker Barrel--My favorite thing in the world to eat here is the Chicken and Dumpling's, Fried Okra, and the green beans. Yum--I may just have to stop by a Cracker Barrel in Memphis this weekend. The closest one to us is an hour away.

OK, I am supposed to tag five people. This is hard--I think I will tag

Mandalyn --the south, Laura--east coast for now, Christy--the south, Kittyhox the Pacific Northwest (which is where my beloved Tomato Street is), and Military Mommy--California, for now!

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 9:11 PM  
  20 comments



20 Comments:
At May 23, 2007 10:00 PM, Blogger Annie said...

You are a rebel... I knew I liked you for some reason (birds of a feather and all that...)
My mouth is watering, sounds like yummy places. Thanks for playing.
Have a great time this weekend!

 
At May 23, 2007 10:18 PM, Blogger CG said...

Hey Jenna..thanks for the tag..I will post it tomorrow. Lambert's is the best!!! OMG..it's a good thing I don't live near one. Hope you have fun when you come to town. Where about do your in-laws live?

 
At May 23, 2007 11:44 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

I've heard of Lambert's, but never been. I love Jason's Deli and I might try Ruby Tuesday's now that you have given a great plug! Hope you got to eat it in Memphis...maybe you even slept decently!
Hope it's fun!

 
At May 24, 2007 12:01 AM, Blogger Karen said...

How fun to see Lambert's mentioned! YOu know, Norm had 3 different locations in Sikeston, and because I grew up there, I have eaten in every one of them!

 
At May 24, 2007 12:02 AM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

Oh man. You had some good ones! We went to Lambert's when we lived in Pensacola. Phenomenal! Their rolls are the best I have ever eaten. And we had a Jason's deli in Corpus Christi, TX. They have the best chicken salad ever.

Now I'm hungry. And my points are all gone. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. :)

I will let you know when I get mine posted. Thanks for the tag!

 
At May 24, 2007 6:13 AM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

I will post mine tonight! Thanks for the tag!!

 
At May 24, 2007 8:56 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Wahoo! I love being tagged. I told Melanie at Our Happy Happenings that b/c she tagged me, we must be "bloggie best friends or something," so now I officially appropriate you as a "bloggie best friend or something." Post on it's way! :)

 
At May 24, 2007 11:15 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

We go to Lambert's every time we go to the beach. One of our faves! Can't wait until October-throw me a roll, over here!!

 
At May 24, 2007 1:32 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I too know Lambert's. They have 3 locations: Ozark,MO; Sikeston,MO; and Foley, AL. We lived in Ozark and went there often. Love the HOT ROLLS! FYI: Go there on your birthday, and get a free meal! :0)

 
At May 24, 2007 3:19 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I so agree with you about Cracker Barrel's chicken and dumplings. I also love all the old fashioned candy and the cute store in the front of their restaurant. It's dangerous for me to go in there with a debit card!

How I would love to visit Graceland. It's on my list of things to do before I meet Elvis face to face in heaven someday.

:-)

 
At May 24, 2007 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list of places. Although, I've only eaten at 2 of them, LOL. I sure hope y'all have a fun weekend. My brother lives in Memphis! Small world! :o)

 
At May 25, 2007 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We eat the same thing at Cracker Barrel. Love it! And Lambert's!! Oh my gosh. Jeff flew us into there one night and they picked us up at the airport, took us in the backdoor and rushed our order so we could get back to the airport. We flew there just for dinner. SO MUCH FUN! I use my Lambert's cup to hold my pens at work. It always makes me smile :)

 
At May 25, 2007 7:42 PM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Love this meme!! I may do this one too!! One of my fave things about traveling is finding new, cool restaurants!
Did you know there is a Lambert's in Foley, Al? That's not too far from you!! Yumm....

 
At May 25, 2007 11:16 PM, Blogger Amberly said...

We love "Jason's Delis" as Abby Grace says! Can't beat free ice cream!

 
At May 26, 2007 8:59 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Cracker Barrel is one of my faves too. I love the chicken fried chicken. : ) And the SHOPPING

 
At May 26, 2007 9:57 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

I think we ate at Lambert's once, so good! There might be one in Gulfshores or Florida that we've been to also?
But I love Jason's Deli and Cracker Barrel....in fact I ate at Jason's deli just this week.

 
At May 26, 2007 3:56 PM, Blogger Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Love the chicken and dumplings at Cracker Barrel too! They are so good!

 
At May 28, 2007 2:37 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Ah Ruby Tuesday again…past previous tag doers mentioned this place too!! Yummy….Lambert’s sounds good too…fried okra? Never tried that before

Ps thanks for doing the tag. I hope you enjoyed it.. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

 
At May 28, 2007 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooo... Cracker Barrel sounds like the serve great food. Dumplings eh~ Yummie~

Okay I want Lambert's too... I want loads and loads of fried onion~ *burp*

Thanks for sharing

 
At May 28, 2007 11:37 AM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

We just went to Jason's Deli for the first time and we did not get any ice cream so I'm pretty miffed right now. I'm going to go there and say "I read on Jenna's blog that y'all give out free ice cream and we didn't get any so I'd appreciate you sending some our way asap." Thanks for the tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    7 Random Things--Again
    Menu Plan Tuesday
    A Stranger In My House--UPDATED AT END
    Family Favorite Recipes
    I Got Bit
    My Southern Belle--and The See-Saw
    The Results Are In
    Happy Birthday
    What shall we eat this week? I have a bit of a p...
    Momma

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: