Monday, August 13, 2007
A Lesson in Personality
I have a ridiculous interest in the Four Personalities. I have been completely intrigued by the study of them for years, so I thought I would give just a little mini-lesson. Annie mentioned to me the other day that they were studying them at her new church and that sparked a little "behind the scenes" conversation between the two of us. I had fun guessing her personality. Maybe you'll have fun figuring out which of the 4 personalities you are. The descriptions I am writing are reflective of women with these personalities. Not every person is going to exhibit each one of the strengths or weaknesses in her category. This is because we are all at different maturity and spiritual levels. The goal is to develop the strengths and to prayerfully rid yourself of the weaknesses. Read the list and see which one of them describes you and let me know. You can even guess which one you think I am--even if you know me in real life and already know. I'm about 60 percent of one and 40 percent of the other (everyone has a secondary personality as well), though, so it could be a little hard to tell my primary personality type.
  1. Phlegmatic (Peaceful) (introvert)- lives to take life easy and live in peace. Strengths: Comforting, Thoughtful, Attentive, Loyal, Peacemaker, Dependable, Protective, Takes time for the children, Patient, Faithful, Devoted Caregiver. Weaknesses: Unenthusiastic, Uninvolved, Fearful, Sluggish, Compromising, Enabler.
  2. Melancholy (Perfect) (introvert)-lives to bring perfection to an imperfect world. Strengths: Meticulous housekeeper, organized, perfectly groomed, wonderful hostess, detail oriented, thoughtful, frugal, careful decision maker, gifted, sophisticated. Weaknesses: Perfectionist (which they usually have a hard time seeing as a fault), unpopular, rigid, prone to the blues, unforgiving, cheapskate.
  3. Sanguine (Popular) (extrovert)-likes to have fun and be loved. Strengths: Popular, talkative, life of the party, motivator, creative, accepting, optimistic, refreshing. Weaknesses: Permissive, forgetful, unreliable, fussy, messy housekeeper, overwhelming, seems phony.
  4. Choleric (Powerful) (extrovert)-lives to control as much of their world as possible. Strengths: Take-charge woman, courageous, determined, crusader, productive, open and honest, effective disciplinarian. Weaknesses: unpopular, mean, self-centered, uses people, impulsive, bossy, usually right, but often rejected.

Labels:


  posted at 11:21 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At August 13, 2007 2:49 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I think I'm mostly the first one! BTW, I've given you an award :)

 
At August 13, 2007 2:53 PM, Blogger Marcia Francois said...

Thanks, Jenna, for the lesson! I love this kind of stuff - that's why I do the type of ministry work I do (http://pdmconsultants.blogspot.com)

Hmmm, I'm Choleric first and either melancholy (Dion's primary) or sanguine second.

Now, what are you????

Organising Queen,
Clutter Control Freak and
Marcia's take charge blog

 
At August 13, 2007 2:56 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I am Phlegmatic and Melancholy.

I'm guessing you're phlegmatic???

 
At August 13, 2007 3:01 PM, Blogger kittyhox said...

I think I'm a cross between Phlegmatic and Sanguine.

But I wish I was a Melancholy. I long to be a perfectionist.

What are you? I can't guess...

 
At August 13, 2007 7:43 PM, Blogger mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm phlegmatic/sanguine.

I'm guessing you're phlegmatic/sanguine too. And that would be a wild guess since I only know you in the blogosphere!

 
At August 13, 2007 8:36 PM, Blogger Annie said...

You know what I am.... I actually retook the test online to see if it stayed the same :o) and it was mostly C with S too.
It's fun to guess what people are. I'm glad I already know what you are!

 
At August 14, 2007 12:47 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

OK, I think I'm sanguine. What do you label me? And, just about when I think I can guess what you are, I don't like the weaknesses that go with that category. So, I think you're one of the first two, and I'm leaning towards one, but I want to know what you say you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    How Could This Be Possible?
    The Heat Is On
    Back to School--And I'm Not Talking About The Kids
    Menu Plan Monday
    Reason # 569 Why I Love My Husband
    A Good Movie
    It's Over
    Today's The Day
    Internet Woes
    Menu Plan Monday

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: