Friday, April 27, 2007
- B just got on a plane headed for San Antonio to turkey hunt with some guys from work. He was excited to go. M. packed a bag at the last minute and asked him to please PLEASE let her go too. She tends to get pretty dramatic when Daddy goes somewhere--quite a few tears were falling as he pulled out of the driveway--with her exclaiming, "I can't believe he didn't change his mind." I happen to remember that my oldest did the exact same kind of thing when she was M's age.
- I got the sweetest poem in the mail today from my sister, Kim. She has quite the talent and this poem was dedicated to, and completely about me! It was rather funny--and I would share, but it's a little too revealing--concerning my name. Oh, I wish I could share... She wrote it 'cause she knew I had been a little blue! I had a lot of fun typing it out in Microsoft word with different colors, fonts, and sizes. If the girl would ever get email, I would send her a copy. Actually, I will anyway--with snail mail.
- It's noon here, and I have yet to make the bed, get in the shower, and get presentable for the day--not to mention my Bible study--which is supposed to be done before I get on the computer. B was here until 10, and that totally threw my schedule off--not that I minded, of course.
- We hung a canopy over M's bed this morning--it's hot pink--and was given to us by sweet friends. It really looks cute--and if B hadn't taken my camera with him on this trip, I'd take a picture for you!
- There has been a lot of Battleship playing around here this week. Not me--but the kids and sometimes B. They've had a lot of fun with it. M even took it to drama practice with her last night. I just get the warm fuzzies all over when I see my kids reading or playing games together.
- K is very excited about her Teen Bible Quiz banquet this weekend. She has a lovely formal dress and plans for me to straighten her hair--and then curl it again with a curling iron (Go figure). I know she will be just lovely. It will be interesting seeing all those kids (22 or so, of them) dressed in formal attire, with sunglasses, performing a rap they wrote about the book of Acts. We're having a lovely chicken cordon bleu dinner, as well. If I can talk her into it, I will post pictures of her in her dress--can't make any promises!
- Hope everyone has a great weekend. I have a pile of things to get done while B is away--I always have a project list when B is not here--so I may not be around much this weekend.
Labels: Random Thoughts