Tuesday, July 10, 2007
5 Things I "Dig" About Jesus Meme
John started a meme called Five Things I Dig About Jesus.Here’s how it works:Those tagged will share five things they dig about Jesus.Those tagged will tag five people.Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comment section of this post so everyone can keep track of what’s been posted.You can go to Five Things I Dig About Jesus to see what other people have said. I have had the wonderful pleasure of being tagged by two sweet ladies for this meme. Jodi at Fruit Inspection and Annie at My Life as Annie both tagged me for this. I really wanted to take some time to think about this one. Any of us that have been serving Him for any period of time could probably write a book on this topic, so I really wanted to think of what I consider the best of the best. I have been thinking all weekend long--so here it goes. I dig:
  1. that He is omnipotent (all-powerful), omnipresent (everywhere at the same time), and omniscient (all-knowing).
  2. that He is the one and only way that anyone can ever have eternal life. There are no alternate routes--no matter what anyone else might think.
  3. that He is forgetful--of our confessed sins, that is. No one else can forgive and FORGET the wrong things I do, except Him. The Bible tells us that not only are our sins taken from us as far as the east is from the west--but He also forgets them. I'm so glad He never finds it necessary to bring up our past--EVER.
  4. that He died on the cross for ME. And if I were the only person ever--He still would have done it. He paid a debt He did not owe. I owed a debt I could not pay.
  5. that He is in the miracle-working business. He wants to give us the desires of our hearts--and to heal our diseases, marriages, etc.

I'm not tagging anyone, but I would love to read yours if you play along. Just let me know when you've posted yours and I'll be right over!

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 3:57 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At July 10, 2007 4:40 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I loved your list!!!

 
At July 10, 2007 4:49 PM, Blogger Laura said...

OOH - this looks good. I saw that Connie at Little Red Hearts from God tagged Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee with this too, so I'll consider myself tagged by you. :)

That means, I owe you two posts. I might roll 'em into one.

 
At July 11, 2007 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post Jenna! I plan to do this as well.

 
At July 11, 2007 11:20 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Great and awesome list. You are so right! I'm so glad the east is very far from the west!! :)

 
At July 11, 2007 3:26 PM, Blogger Joyful Days said...

You know Jenna, all those things are wonderful--but I don't consider enough #3--that He forgets. I wish I could be more like that.

Lovely post.

I tagged you too, but a little more silly--Just a Four Fav's meme if you have time & would like to.

Blessings.

 
At July 11, 2007 3:46 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I know you didn't tag me, and someone else did, but mine is up today for your reading enjoyment :) Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday.

 
At July 11, 2007 3:51 PM, Blogger Annie said...

hAPPY wednesday!!!
♥,
annie

 
At July 11, 2007 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great list! Thanks for playing!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    All-righty--Here's my menu plan for the week. And...
    The Weekend
    A Career Meme
    We TIRL-ed
    Happy 4th of July To You
    A Couple of Sweet Awards
    Happy Anniversary
    My Son and The Snake I Killed--Quite on Accident
    Son Update
    Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: