Tuesday, July 10, 2007
5 Things I "Dig" About Jesus Meme
John started a meme called Five Things I Dig About Jesus.Here’s how it works:Those tagged will share five things they dig about Jesus.Those tagged will tag five people.Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comment section of this post so everyone can keep track of what’s been posted.You can go to Five Things I Dig About Jesus to see what other people have said. I have had the wonderful pleasure of being tagged by two sweet ladies for this meme. Jodi at Fruit Inspection and Annie at My Life as Annie both tagged me for this. I really wanted to take some time to think about this one. Any of us that have been serving Him for any period of time could probably write a book on this topic, so I really wanted to think of what I consider the best of the best. I have been thinking all weekend long--so here it goes. I dig:
- that He is omnipotent (all-powerful), omnipresent (everywhere at the same time), and omniscient (all-knowing).
- that He is the one and only way that anyone can ever have eternal life. There are no alternate routes--no matter what anyone else might think.
- that He is forgetful--of our confessed sins, that is. No one else can forgive and FORGET the wrong things I do, except Him. The Bible tells us that not only are our sins taken from us as far as the east is from the west--but He also forgets them. I'm so glad He never finds it necessary to bring up our past--EVER.
- that He died on the cross for ME. And if I were the only person ever--He still would have done it. He paid a debt He did not owe. I owed a debt I could not pay.
- that He is in the miracle-working business. He wants to give us the desires of our hearts--and to heal our diseases, marriages, etc.
I'm not tagging anyone, but I would love to read yours if you play along. Just let me know when you've posted yours and I'll be right over!