Thursday, August 23, 2007
Football, Farkle, and Fun
The kids have finished their first week of school, and they all seem to be pretty stinkin' excited about the weekend. We went to the first football game Friday night. Let me just say that my knowledge about the wonderful, revered game of football is pretty limited. Here is what I can gather from the game. 1. Everybody runs down the field; one of them with the ball. 2. Everybody slams into the one with the ball and they all fall down. 3. Everybody gets up and does the first two steps all over again. 4. The crowd claps and cheers. So, as you can see, I know all I need to know. I have told my friends and family that any game that always has an ambulance in attendance is no game for MY son. And I'm quite serious. I am praying that my hubby won't over rule me, because my son so wants to play. And so does my youngest daughter--you can start administering oxygen now--just thinking about THAT makes me hyper-ventilate. Anyway, after the game, my oldest went to a "High School Musical II" party, so we had to kill time until midnight. Thankfully, our good friends had already asked us to come play Farkle. We had a good time, even though it was my bedtime when we arrived at Jenny's house. I'm so glad we introduced the game to them! We had a great time. And enjoyed good food. *I started this post last weekend, so the kids are about to finish their second week of school. It has been quite the adjustment--especially dealing with the homework. I even cried one day this week at lunch time because I missed them so much--of course, that was probably closely linked to hormonal fluctuations!! :0)

Labels:


  posted at 9:32 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At August 23, 2007 10:14 AM, Blogger mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I LOVE football...but it might be a different story if it were my son on the field. Yikes...

I miss my kiddos too. The days seem pretty long without them.

And we haven't seen High School Musical 2 yet. My neighbor is Tivo-ing it for us so we can watch it this weekend. My kids are so excited.

So do you have another football game tomorrow night?

 
At August 23, 2007 10:14 AM, Blogger Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh the joys of football!!! My son played in middle school..the quit...and NOW...the coaches/players are after him to play.....and I'm in the same boat as you!!!!! (please say NO buddy...cause Mamma doesn't want to be sick every Friday night...watching you get chased down the field!!!lol ) :-)

 
At August 23, 2007 12:26 PM, Blogger kittyhox said...

I love football SO much, but Penn and I have agreed that we don't want Nicknack to play. Even though, statistically, football is more safe than many other sports. But if he had his heart set on it, I'm sure we'd consider it.

If your son ever does play, I've been told that swimming helps prevent injuries. My husband's relatives had a rule that if their kids played any sports they also had to swim daily and all three of them played various sports in high school and college without injury.

I'd never heard that before, so I thought it was an interesting tip.

 
At August 23, 2007 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your interpretation of the game! I will be joining you with the tears next week. I am really going to miss my son when he is gone all day!

 
At August 23, 2007 2:15 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I'm so glad your kids are adjusting well to school, Jenna. That must be a bittersweet time for you, good and bad. :)

I hate to tell you, but over the years, I've learned to love football too! Of course, I don't have a son that wants to play either!

Hope you guys have a great day and a terrific weekend!

 
At August 23, 2007 6:41 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

wow football already? I've heard of Farkle, but have never played - sounds fun though!

 
At August 24, 2007 7:40 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

I enjoyed football more because my boys didn't want to play past 6th grade!
Glad they're adjusting to the routine, even with homework...hope you get better with it too.
Nothing like good friends!

 
At August 24, 2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

I hope things are getting easier for you having the kids gone all day.

I've also noticed in football that sometimes the players knock down other players who don't even have the ball- just in case they happen to be thinking about trying to get to the ball. Crazy if ya ask me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    My Shepherd
    Menu Plan Monday
    School Daze
    I Would Like to Thank...
    Menu Plan Monday
    A Lesson in Personality
    How Could This Be Possible?
    The Heat Is On
    Back to School--And I'm Not Talking About The Kids
    Menu Plan Monday

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: