Monday, November 19, 2007
Cleaning The Bathroom
Who knew? Certainly, not me. Did you all know that you could use the Brillo pad to clean your shower/tub? I have to say that my shower hasn't been this clean since we moved in. Why did I not know that the Brillo--it has power over the soap scum. Wow. If you didn't know this, and you have a bit of a soap scum problem, give it a try. OK--can you believe I haven't written much lately and when I do, I choose to write about the Brillo pad? Please forgive me.

We have a great Thanksgiving planned. My sister and her family are coming (4 kids) along with my Dad and stepmother. We will have a houseful, but I think I have planned well. I spent a ridiculous amount of money on groceries. B took off 5 days from work to help me deep clean the whole house last week. He worked for a day and a half in the garage alone. We got rid of so much stuff, and organized, organized, organized. I cleaned everything I could possibly think of to clean. I should get everything finished just in time for my sister to arrive tomorrow evening. B. went and bought a cast iron chiminea from Lowe's tonight. He has plans for the seven children. These cousins always have so much fun when they get together--which is only 3 times a year-- and I know they will have a good time roasting marshmallows and telling stories in front of the fire. I also bought Ratatouille (the movie) so that the kids would have something new to watch--rain is in the forecast. They will all be here for several days, so we have to have some things planned to entertain. I'm sure the 4-wheeler will be out too. We bought it from my dad, and he always likes to get it out and ride when he comes to visit. He will have a blast taking each of the seven grandchildren for rides. Too bad the other three grandchildren can't be here. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving--don't stuff yourselves too badly. I leave you with our Thanksgiving menu--it's the same every year. I would love to hear yours.

Turkey (fried)

Ham

Stuffing (bread, not cornbread)

Mashed potatoes and gravy

Sweet potato casserole

Cherry jello salad

Green bean and corn casserole (sometimes we do broccoli/rice casserole, but not this year)

Deviled eggs

Plain green beans for the picky ones

Cranberry sauce from the can

Rolls

Pecan pie

Apple pie

Chocolate cake

Homemade candy

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:45 PM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At November 20, 2007 12:28 PM, Blogger Joyfull said...

Loved the tip for Brillo pads!! Will have to give that a try. You sound like you have really been working and preparing for the company and Thanksgiving. Hope that everyone has a great time together.
I'm off shortly to buy my Thanksgiving groceries aka spending a small fortune!! Our menu is very similar to yours except we are having macaroni and cheese and collard greens also.

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At November 20, 2007 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't used Brillo, but a Magic Eraser works well too!

Sounds like you have a wonderful holiday planned. Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At November 20, 2007 1:54 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

So a Brillo pad without any other cleaning product? Wow!

Sounds like a yummy Thanksgiving you have planned!

Congrats to A on his first deer in the post below this one. He must have been so excited!

 
At November 20, 2007 4:44 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jenna! Hope you have a wonderful time with all the family in. It sounds like so much fun!
Love,
Corrie
P.S. I'm all about the Yankee Dressing too....here in TX, they fix cornbread dressing, but I grew up on bread dressing. Yum yum yum!
=)

 
At November 20, 2007 5:29 PM, Blogger Leah Belle said...

It sounds like you are going to have a very Happy Thanksgiving. There is nothing better than family togetherness on a holiday!

 
At November 20, 2007 7:56 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I didn't know that about Brillo pads. And, I knew you were cleaning, but didn't know you were cleaning that deep :)
Also, I've never had bread stuffing. I'd like to try some sometime.
That Rat.. movie is good. I liked it, and you picked out a good one for the kids and adults alike (if they can do the animated thing) I will be thinking of you this week.

 
At November 20, 2007 10:53 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

thanks for the tip on the brillo pad! I'm going to try that next time I'm tackling soap scum!

Sure does sound like you will have your house full - enjoy having your family there!

 
At November 21, 2007 9:28 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

I might have to try that brillo pad!
I hope you're having a fantastic week with family.
I'm making rice and broccoli casserole to take to my sister's house, along with a few other things.

 
At November 21, 2007 9:30 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

I'm so happy that you posted! I was starting to worry about you! LOL!

Our menu looks very similar to yours except without the sweet potato casserole. We'll have a small group this year since we're traveling to West Virginia to be with my mom. She lives alone and I'll miss having a big crowd. However, we have fun with my mom and always watch football all day and then go to a movie that night. Can't wait! Have a great holiday!

 
At November 21, 2007 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking for the recipe for cherry jello salad any help greatly appreciated!

 
At November 22, 2007 4:15 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jenna. The menu
looks good and all the company sounds fun. Nice that your hubby could be home to help. We love our chemnia!
I didn't know the wonders of Brillo pads either!

 
At November 30, 2007 10:55 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I am definitely going to try this cleaning tip (from the cleaning pro :o)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    The Mighty Hunter
    Tragedy Strikes My Hometown
    A Decorating Dilemma
    Homecoming Day
    Middle Name Meme and Stuff
    Thank You, Thank You Very Much
    The Promised Pictures
    We're Home
    We Have A Winner!
    Two Projects in Six Weeks

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: