Thursday, May 3, 2007
7 Things Tag
I am so not a very interesting person--this is not going to be easy. I've already done my 100 things post--I'm not sure if there are 7 more things about me. I'll try for you, Coach J .
  1. I still take the top crust off my bread when eating a sandwich--never did like the tops. That top part is always harder than the rest--I love the sides and bottom of the bread.
  2. I never touch sugar-free anything--not gum, candy, soda, ANYTHING. That stuff will kill you. Aspartame is bad for the brain. That's my public service message.
  3. I plan on buying and driving a red Mustang convertible just as soon as the kids are grown and have left home. It's how I plan on dealing with Empty Nest Syndrome. I hope Fo*rd straightens up before then.
  4. When I was in high school, I was a part of a group of kids that sang "We Are The World" at several events in our town--and I sang "Friends Are Friends Forever" with a friend at my high school graduation. Great memories. I wouldn't go back for the world, though.
  5. I did not leave the state of Missouri for any reason until I was 17. Where's there to go when you are already living in God's country?
  6. I do not like mustard or pickles. They do not taste good with anything or by themselves. The best condiments are ketchup, mayo, and onion--along with lettuce and tomato.
  7. My favorite dessert is a mix of fresh peaches and strawberries--all juicy with sugar-- poured over yellow cake. My grandma always did this while I was growing up--and the taste of that always brings back memories of my grandma--whom I adored. (She passed away nearly 3 years ago.)

Now, here's the deal--I am supposed to tag 7 people, but I think that everyone I know in the bloggy world has already been tagged--if not, please feel welcome to join in--and let me know if you do.

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 4:51 PM  
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At May 03, 2007 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Friends Are Friends Forever! Blast from the past. We sang that so many times around high school graduation!

 
At May 03, 2007 8:10 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

This was sorta hard for me to do too!
I don't like sugar free things with aspartame either...but what do you think about the ones with splenda? I will do some with splenda in them.
Yummy sounding dessert!

 
At May 03, 2007 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me either ... sugar free is nasty!

That dessert sounds so good!!! I may just have to go eat a strawberry now and pretend it's over cake, LOL.

 
At May 03, 2007 9:41 PM, Blogger Tori :) said...

I learned the sign language to "We Are the World" in elementary school. Maybe we could do a duet or something... :)

 
At May 03, 2007 9:55 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

he, he! so you and me together would make one awesome hamburger! (with soft, fresh bread of course)

 
At May 03, 2007 10:01 PM, Blogger Annie said...

You are very interesting!
I found this entire list of 7 random facts intriguing!
Isn't it funny how food can just take your right back to a place or time... that and smells.

 
At May 03, 2007 10:04 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

I can't believe your favorite dessert doesn't include something with Blue Bell ice cream!!

 
At May 03, 2007 10:29 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I obviously should have visited all my imaginary friends before I tagged anyone. I think almost everyone I tagged already did this. First of all, you ARE interesting! I enjoyed your random thoughts. I am learning to eat sugar-free everything. I am trying to drop some weight, and I consume way too much sugar. I hope you are having a great week!

 
At May 03, 2007 10:30 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Oooh...creepy. As I was commenting on your blog, you were commenting on mine. I just looked up and saw that I had email and it was your comment.

 
At May 04, 2007 8:06 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I like your 7 things a heckuva lot better than my 13 - yup, I need a 12 step program post haste! Have a great Friday!

 
At May 04, 2007 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your public service message! When people ask me why I won't touch artificial sweetners I tell them I'd rather deal with an extra 5 pounds than cancer!!!

 
At May 04, 2007 1:37 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

I guess you wouldn't be interested in one of coach J's mustard and pickle sandwiches!
I've only driven through MO, but it was beautiful!
A friend just told me today about a vacation spot they frequent called Big Cedar Lodge...sounds cool!

 
At May 04, 2007 4:20 PM, Blogger Karen Hossink said...

OK, I'm chewing sugar-free gum RIGHT NOW. Mom made me switch after I had four cavities in one dental visit. I haven't had any cavities in twenty-some years now...Cancer? Really?

 
At May 05, 2007 3:11 PM, Blogger Marcia Francois said...

Very interesting, Jenna.

I enjoyed reading your list and I'm with you on the mustard thing. I honestly can't understand what the big deal is!

 
At May 06, 2007 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still take ALL the crust off of my bread. I hate it! Glad to know I'm not the only one who prefers that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Oops!
    Menu Plan Monday
    Weekend Reflection
    Friday Favorites
    Random Thoughts
    Here's My Purse, Y'all
    Family Might Be Coming
    MISSING HOME
    Because I Would Forever Be Eternally Grateful
    Sombrero Pie--'cause Y'all Asked So Nicely

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: