Tuesday, July 17, 2007
My Day
B and I had the best morning. We got up early (for me, not for him) and went for a very long walk--over hill after hill. I'm already just a little sore. I enjoyed it so much, I'm hoping to do it again tomorrow. We shall see. Got my hair cut today. I'm guessing that she cut off about half of what I had. That may sound drastic, but when you have as much hair as I do--it's really not. Mandalyn asked me to post a picture of it. I'm afraid I can't right now--perhaps I would if I didn't have 14,000 zits on my face at the moment. OK--maybe it's not that many--but, honestly, didn't I leave teenagerdom and all the zits that come with it a very long time ago? Apparently not. So, sorry, Mandalyn, you will just have to wait until you see me in real life--you can admire the haircut--and the zits, not so much. Oh, and I made the jalapeno thingies that Pioneer Woman makes. They were beyond yummy. I had been given several fresh jalapenos from a friend and wondered what I was going to do with them. I knew my hubby would love them--he's a big jalapeno fan. I am so glad that Mandalyn posted about making them. We are in agreement with them--they are excellent. ( I did use the whipped cream cheese that comes in a tub though--easier.) I just had the pleasure of running into Coach J at Pizza Hut--our children were invited to the same party. I enjoyed chatting with her for a little while, and watching her eat!--she spoke of how much she enjoyed her "irl" meeting this weekend. Anyway, my hubby was there and he offered to take me shopping for a little while--so I dumped Coach J to go with him. She so graciously offered to take my oldest to basketball practice--(she is one of my daughter's coaches). She's nice like that. I was very appreciative, indeed. So, now that I have bored you with my day--I am going to go pick up my daughter from practice---and then wait for my hubby to get home from work. He's night flying tonight and won't be in until late. Just wanted the "band of thieves" to know. Ha. That was a joke. Have a great night y'all.

post signature

Labels:


  posted at 7:35 PM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At July 17, 2007 7:53 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

LOL! Love the "band of thieves" comment! I can so relate to the zit thing right now! What is up with that?! It is seriously breaking me down! I have no bangs either so you can see all of the zits that are congregating on my forehead! ACK! I feel your pain!

 
At July 17, 2007 8:51 PM, Blogger Amberly said...

Let me know if you find a cure for your zits. I never had them as a teen, but since having children I can't get rid of them. My face is worse now than ever! I've tried all sorts of stuff, but to no avail! I can so sympathize with you!! :)

 
At July 17, 2007 9:05 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Oh but pretty please show us a picture! The bumps won't show up!
Yep, loved your band of thieves comment!

 
At July 17, 2007 9:14 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I ordered some soap from dhc and my face like really broke out the first few days and has been clearer than ever since... I've had it about six weeks. I really like it. I'll send you the link if you want to see it. I hate having zits and being 'our' age (well, you are older :o) ... it just isn't right.
I agree, the zits won't show in a picture. Make it black & white or sepia like I did when I cropped yours so we can see the hair!

 
At July 17, 2007 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice day y'all had. Sorry 'bout the zits. Dare I say that I have never suffered with them? Not even as a teenager. Whew, I got lucky! Enjoy your new *do*!

 
At July 17, 2007 11:55 PM, Blogger mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Ummm...I JUST noticed the photo below yours and IS THAT A BEAR I SEE??? What's the story behind that picture? I'm dying to know.

And I think the WOW hymns cd just came out and that's why my husband's boss scored one for me at the ICRS. It's worth every dime you'll spend on it...very, very good.

 
At July 18, 2007 7:06 AM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

Ok, well, I'm disappointed about the picture but I suppose I'll see you tonight to check it out!!:O)

 
At July 18, 2007 12:31 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I didn't notice your zits last night, you nut!! But your hair, I did notice, and I LIKE!! :)
See you soon!

 
At July 18, 2007 2:52 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds like a great day! When those silly bumps go away, be sure to post a photo of your haircut :)

Hope today is equally nice, or better!

 
At July 18, 2007 4:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I saw those pepper things too. They looked delish!! I'll keep you in my prayers, I know those zits can be impussable!! ;(

 
At July 18, 2007 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too funny. Just use paint shop pro or something to cover the zits and post the picture already. Anyway we probably wouldn't even be able to see them. :)

 
At July 18, 2007 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I want to try those pepper things. And, Coach J is great! I am so glad I got to meet her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Robin Green



My Complete Profile


Archives
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
November 2010
September 2012

Prayer Requests
prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg



Add Snippets to your site

Blog Ring
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Places I Visit
  • A Chelsea Morning
  • A Coach For Life
  • Antique Mommy
  • Baseballs and Bows
  • Big Blueberry Eyes
  • Big Mama
  • Blessed With Olive Plants
  • Boomama
  • Days to Come
  • Exceedingly Mundane
  • Family Doin's
  • Fruit Inspection
  • Grace and Hope
  • Home Sanctuary
  • In the Midst of It
  • Jenna's Fare
  • Kim's Candor
  • Life At 7000 Feet
  • Lots of Scotts
  • Mo Mhile Gra
  • Moments Amid Messes
  • More Than A Song
  • My Life As Annie
  • One Gals Life in the Raw
  • Raising Five
  • Sweet Tea Please
  • The LPM blog
  • Vader's Mom

  • I'm Reading
    God Is Closer Than You Think
  • The Road to Memphis
  • My Cousin, Rachel

  • Previous Posts
    Menu Plan Monday
    Joy Comes In the Morning
    In Memory Part 2
    In Memory
    Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
    I'VE GOT THE BLUEBERRY BLUES
    5 Things I "Dig" About Jesus Meme
    All-righty--Here's my menu plan for the week. And...
    The Weekend
    A Career Meme

    Miscellaneous



    ________________
    Add this to your site




    Subscribe with Bloglines




    Credits
    Blog Design by:

    Powered by: Blogger

    Photos from: istockphoto

    Meter: